Respected Contributor

Burger King employee caught using Mop on Tables

Burger King employee in FL was caught on video using a Mop to clean tables.  EWWW

Gross and unsanitary! That mop was used to  cleaned the floors !

What is wrong with People??

A Burger King employee in Florida was allegedly caught ‘cleaning’ a table in the grossest possible way.

A  customer filmed the employee appearing to use a dirty mop to clean a tabletop she had just eaten off of at the Fruit Cove location. According to her, the employee had just used the mop to clean the floors before using it on the table tops.

Katie Duran filmed the incident, News4Jax reports. “It was disgusting, honestly,” Duran told the outlet. “I had just eaten on that table. Did you do this yesterday? Do you do this every night? Did you do this, this morning?”

Duran claims that she sent the video to Burger King’s corporate offices, ABC 13 reports. According to her, she received a response that said, “Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention, and rest assure that your comments have been forwarded to the appropriate management team."

Honored Contributor

Re: Burger King employee caught using Mop on Tables

In all honesty?

This is probably the least gross thing you wanna to know about

when it comes to retail food establishments.

Esteemed Contributor

That is beyond disgusting but not surprising. The last time, and I do mean LAST, that I went to a local McDonald’s, the floor was so sticky and slimy that one woman fell. I wrote to the powers-that-be and got a similar form letter. A few weeks after that I had a voicemail message from a manager but I never called back. Nor will I ever go back to McDonald’s.

Honored Contributor

I'm not surprised.

Using a dirty rag is probably not much better...

Honored Contributor

That is the mentality of who they hire. 

Honored Contributor

I have seen the dirty rag wipe tables that was used to wipe chair seats, bottom chair rungs and whatever else needed wiping.

Honored Contributor

Last year I ate a Burger King salad and ended up in the ER. I reported it to the Board of Health and the place was closed for a few weeks due to unsanitary conditions. I will never set foot in another Burger King again....

No suprise that they used a mop to clean the tables.

Honored Contributor

I can't even read this thread.............

Seriously, kids in elementary, middle, and high schools should be educated in some sort of Hygiene classes......

'I know', we were.

Studied (over and over again) germs, pathogens, and whatever else were swarming around in those days. 

I do believe that if the information is repeated over and over again, throughought the years, it will 'sink in'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I am not surprised..........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Among my great fears.  Really.

I imitate Joan Rivers's anti-germ behavior often:  I  wipe down the arms, tabletray, seatbelt, etc., on my airline seat.  To defuse criticism, I offer my seatmates some wipes, and they take me up on the deal.  Listen, I've seen people sleeping and slobbering on those trays.  No way my hands are going to touch them after the initial drop-down.

When I enter my hotel room, I take out my Lysol or Clorox wipes (whichever I bought for the trip) and wipe off not only the remote but all surface areas, the phone, light switches, door knobs and so forth.  Without a doubt, a maid or two has taken the rag used to wipe off the toilet seat to clean off the bathroom surface where I place my washcloth, towel, toothbrush (which I always place in a disposable cup) and cosmetics.

Why so cautious?  Because at one point when my sons were growing up and I wanted a job that did not take me away from them during non-school hours, I became an aide in the afternoon kindergarten class of a local elementary school.

The morning aide was quite likable and was highly regarded.  I knew her as part of the staff before hiring on.  Well, when time came for a shift change, I often saw her wipe off the floor and use the same UNCLEAN rag on the tabletops.  The tabletops where the children would later eat their afternoon snack.  (Adding this important fact:  The cloth was used and reused, day after day.  Perhaps it was washed once every three weeks or so.  The thought of this still upsets me.)

Before my children in my kindergarten class ate, I wiped off everything with the paper towels that we provided in the room for them to wash their hands before snack.  Of course I put several dollops of hand soap on the wet paper towels.  The teacher complained about the high consumption of paper towels and wondered why, but I kept my secret in order to protect the children.  This was the same aide who would wait in the rain with the kids for the bus to pick them up at the end of the day, holding an umbrella over her head while the children got wet.  My kids were always kept in a sheltered area until the bus came to fetch them.  I always treated the children the way I would want mine to be treated.