Honored Contributor

Re: Burger King Whopper For A Penny

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45  But people will especially the young people who this is aimed at. 

We'd love for everyone to follow the rules but, for convenience sake, most of us don't and companies need to hedge for that. 

I guarantee everyone who drove in a car today went over the speed limit or fooled with a phone or radio or makeup or coffee, etc. etc, etc.     It's just what we do. 

If your goal is to have people download your app, have them download and order it on the app in front of you at your place where they have to be anyway to get the burger and your goal is met. 

No one had to drive anywhere.  No one wasted gas.  No one potentially drove distracted and hurt someone. 

There is a better way to accomplish it and I just gave them an option in two seconds.  Hire me BK. 

My way just didn't involve giving a finger to your competition or garner headlines which is also what they want. 

I feel like I should apologize for still having grace and manners but I won't.  I just don't think being a troll is funny.  Ever.  And it has no place in a legitimate business' marketing campaign.  Ever.        

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

And who's responsible for the car accidents while kids are looking on their phones and ordering via the app while in their cars? 

Corporate America has lost its common sense.   

Would think the person operating the car would be responsible should they be involved in an accident.  Why would corporate America be responsible for individuals who break the law.  People are responsible for their own actions.

You're right.  A lawyer today in our country would never sue BK as an equally responsible party if a kid runs over a three year old in a McDonald's parking lot following BK's promotional instructions while ordering his penny Whopper behind the wheel. 

The instructions in the OP say:

"All customers have to do is stop within 600 feet of the golden arches, order a Whopper on Burger King's relaunched app, then follow along as it navigates to the closest Burger King."

No reason to be driving while using the app, but idiots text and drive every day, many times with dire consequences, and it's not even for a penny Whopper.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

And who's responsible for the car accidents while kids are looking on their phones and ordering via the app while in their cars? 

Corporate America has lost its common sense.   

All customers have to do is stop within 600 feet of the golden arches

What car accidents as you also wrote "while in their cars".  Nothing was written about while driving in their cars. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp- yesterday BK tweeted "brb going to McDonalds"  It makes sense now.  I give them credit for being creative.

Honored Contributor

You can't stop a car unless you are driving it and I am done with the nitpicks and hijacking this thread.  Most people understand my point even if you disagree with it.    

If you think a kid is going to stop their well maintained car, take both hands off the wheel, pull the emergency brake and then pick up their phone which they had secured while they were driving so as not to be distracted by it (LOL on that one) and then download an app and order their penny burger all the while being securely and safely parked out of pedestrian traffic with their seatbelt perfectly fastened, there are a couple of bridges for sale near you. 

And that's a hard fact of not just young people but all of us drivers who think it'll never happen to them whether you acknowledge the potentiality of it or not.

Honored Contributor

I'm no longer downloading apps to my phone.  I have one for Michael's craft store and I downloaded McDonald's, wish I didn't, it's useless.  Need to uninstall that one.

I have apps for my bank accounts, email & a local weather app but no more.

This one for BK is a marketing scheme but I need the space.

I don't eat there enough to jump at this.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now if was their new Sourdough Whopper King I might consider it-not fond of the Whopper but the new one was good. Huge, impossible for me to finish but it made two nice lunches. 

Wouldn't order anything but soda and fries from Mickey D's. 

Laura 14: I find it sad that you have no trust in the human race being able to exhibit common sense. Actually, you're the one who first began the hijack-admit it and move on. Or just move on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's idiotic.  I don't believe it's true that the BK corporation is sponsoring such a thing.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I'm no longer downloading apps to my phone.  I have one for Michael's craft store and I downloaded McDonald's, wish I didn't, it's useless.  Need to uninstall that one.

@software

I've got you beat, I've never downloaded an app to my phone, LOL!

Not really into cell phones, just have one for emergencies and nobody has the # except immediate family.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@software wrote:

@software

I've got you beat, I've never downloaded an app to my phone, LOL!

Not really into cell phones, just have one for emergencies and nobody has the # except immediate family.

I need the weather app.

I live in tornado country.

The others are convenient.

I was dragged kicking & screaming into the world of "portable phones"

I've had one for over 20 years now.

You've save a lot of $$$$ !