Honored Contributor

I miss the amusing ones, especially when stuck in traffic. 

I don't miss the baby onboard window hangers.

Respected Contributor

MAGNETS:  when you remove the bumper sticker, don’t be surprised to find that the paint under the sticker is now darker than the rest of the car.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Funny you mentioned this, @occasionalrain. I mentioned this to my youngest when we were out yesterday and saw an old car with its rear COVERED in bumper stickers; you could tell some had been there for a LONG time. We noticed we rarely see them though we do see clings (I have 2) in rear windows. For the rest of our drive, we started looking for them and noticed:

1) The more expensive the car, the least amount of "things" you see on it (saw nothing on any car costing more than $80,00 no matter the make)

2). The older/less expensive/junkier the car, the MORE "things" you see on it: usually the entire back of the car (from roofline, covering most of the window, down to covering the entire bumper)

3) Mini vans, no matter the model, age or cost, have the most school/sport items on them (bumper and window).

Honored Contributor

Re: Bumper Stickers

[ Edited ]

i dont see a lot of bumper stickers anymore, but i do seee quite a few "window clings" and some trunk magnets.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I never did bumper stickers and have always removed the dealership name from our vehicles (or their license plate *frame*).

Trusted Contributor

Bumper stickers are rare anymore in rural PA. With everyone being so divided, few ppl want to even take the chance of putting election stickers on their car, probably for fear of it being damaged. I was never "into" them so never had any.

Honored Contributor

I just put a bumper sticker on my car, the first one I've ever done.

Can't tell you what it says though!

hahahaha

Honored Contributor

What I see a lot of lately are "In memory of" decals in back windows noting the death of a young person, usually from some unusual act like a drowning or getting shot.  Really, we had an incident some years ago where some nut shot several kids from a railroad trestle.  I still see those parents driving around with the sad reminders.  Tragic.  

Honored Contributor

I still see plenty of them.  My whole area is full of PennState Lion Paws and Phila Eagles stickers and magnets, also " My kid is an honor student at ......school". 

Once in a while I see a political one....gotta be crazy to do that.

We don't have anything on our cars.

Super Contributor

I only have 1 magnet showing my support for Wounded Warriors Project.

I hope it may remind others of the sacrifices of selfless Americans and their families who serve our great country.