Trusted Contributor

Thank you @MamaWick for continuing to show these precious photos and bringing a smile to my face.

Valued Contributor

It's a shame that such beautiful and awe-inspiring pictures have to lead to a discussion about septic systems.

@MamaWick 

I thank you each day for these glorious photos -   regardless of what else follows.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Buckley is standing sentry.  He is looking over his loved ones, including Mama Wick.

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick    Looks like Buckley gets enough to eat.  His ribs are not showing like the females do... I worry about them and Tracy, the one that has a bad leg...

Honored Contributor
Thank you for sharing this wonderful photos.
Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I'm afraid Buckley is going to start being a naughty rambunctious boy shortly.

I hope he enjoys every moment of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@stuyvesant. Yep...around the first of November and then I will stay out of their way.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick,

Once the rut begins, if those bucks see their reflections in the glass on your windows and back door, you may very well wind up with some broken glass.   

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  Thanks for the information re your septic tank system.  It truly makes your lawn a beautiful backdrop for your magnificent herd.   

The shade must provide a cool respite for them.  Be careful when opening your door, you may have some unannounced visitors looking around-the deer of course. 

Have you had any problems of misbehavior during the rut?  Hoping all stay safe. 

Woofs, of course for Princess Cricket.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

My goodness, they seem tame. How close do they let you get to them? They are beautiful. I have an very large dog bowl that I keep cleaned out and water in for the deer. I am going to start putting the water in a big container for them like you do. DUH.