Esteemed Contributor

20200830_160545.jpg

Not Buckley 

20200830_160501.jpg

20200830_144839.jpg

20200829_155242.jpg

20200829_155209.jpg

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

What are those green round things?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@MamaWick , It looks like Buckley is keeping an eye on you!

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest  you really don't want to know...lol.  

Okay, I'll tell you.  We live in a rural lake area without "city" sewer services.  Those are the covers to the 3-stage septic tanks.  As long as the covers are on and tightened down, we don't smell a thing.

Now aren't you glad you asked?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

Okay, I'll tell you.  We live in a rural lake area without "city" sewer services.  Those are the covers to the 3-stage septic tanks.  As long as the covers are on and tightened down, we don't smell a thing.

I have septic tank here, it does not look like that.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@MamaWick wrote:

I have septic tank here, it does not look like that.

@goldensrbest 

I believe those are called risers and are used so that when it comes time to pump they don't have to dig a hole in the yard. Makes it much easier.

@MamaWick , please correct me if I'm wrong.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

What beautiful creatures!  Anyday now I fully expect him to ring the door bell and ask to come in for a visit.

They know you are their friend.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest. How old?  This is an aerobic drip system with 3 tanks.  After the 3rd tank, it is released into the tube drip system which runs through the entire back yard.  It is pretty clear in the drip.  And that's why we have such green grass...lol.  To borrow from Erma Bombeck...the grass isn't just greener over the septic tank.

Honored Contributor

@MamaWick wrote:

@goldensrbest. How old?  This is an aerobic drip system with 3 tanks.  After the 3rd tank, it is released into the tube drip system which runs through the entire back yard.  It is pretty clear in the drip.  And that's why we have such green grass...lol.  To borrow from Erma Bombeck...the grass isn't just greener over the septic tank.

Mine is 7 yrs old, perhaps yours is new type, i have never seen that here.

Esteemed Contributor

@SusieQ_2  yes, those are risers, otherwise the lids would be almost flush to the ground.  We just recently installed the risers as we are going to rock around that area.  When the lids are removed for the every 4 month look by the company we contract with, rocks won't fall in the tanks.