Honored Contributor

Brrr girls breaking out the polar expedition coat

Thurs. gonna be below 0 and this is freaking Tx.  Not getting out anyway, but, can wear to mailbox if we don't get too much snow.

Respected Contributor

Re: Brrr girls breaking out the polar expedition coat

I learned from living in the midwest these past 20 years, It is all about layering. Layer, layer, and layer.

Respected Contributor

Yep, I'm gonna have to pull out the old puffer coat (used only once in several years) here in central TX. I'm holding out hope they've worked on the power.

They've had time since last February's snowzilla to get the power grid up to par. I'm still skeptical, since I'm only hearing planned bill increases, instead of what is being done.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE    Are you getting snow?  It started here this morning but such tiny flakes you can't even see them.  There may be 2" out there when they said 6-8" was expected.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't think other then the cold, cold temps snow will amount to anything much. We can use any kind of moisture we can get. So far just a sprinkling

Know more tomorow.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SharkE    Are you getting snow?  It started here this morning but such tiny flakes you can't even see them.  There may be 2" out there when they said 6-8" was expected.

@Kachina624 

You're not getting slammed in RR?

It's a blizzard here in Paradise Hills and I'm going to have to leave for work early because the roads will be a mess.

I can't remember the last time I saw this much snow.  Early's 2000s, maybe?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

no big deal right now might be different story come morning.

wind is howling like a banshee. Temps are frigid.

Honored Contributor

@just bee    Its such small flakes, they're slow to accumulate but I wouldn't call what we've had a blizzard.  There was about 2" at 5:00pm.  I head a wave went through Albuquerque causing a "white out".  Maybe that's what you had.  

Did you hear a truck went off the Crest Road and rolled 100ft down the mountain killing the driver?  Also a truck jack-knifed at the Big I completely snarling traffic.  Avoid it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Thurs. gonna be below 0 and this is freaking Tx.  Not getting out anyway, but, can wear to mailbox if we don't get too much snow.

@SharkE   DFW area here.  Wish we would only get snow, not the ice that can do so much damage.  There has been some power outages already.  The concern is ice forming and branches falling and taking power lines down.  70 degrees yesterday. crazy.  I'll take a foot of snow over the projected 1/2 to 3/4 inches of ice from storms. 

Stay safe all

Honored Contributor

Your right on that one. I don't 'do' ice. Grass with snow you put on boots with grip skids on the bottom, but, ice is a whole new problem especially when your not a Spring chicken. If it's junk mail I won't go to mailbox at all, but, if it's mail your afraid will blow out of mailbox , etc. you have to walk down to get it. 

Just take tiny steps and a cell phone with you in case you fall and can call 911 to come and help you. Neighbors around here wouldn't give a rip if your laying out there dead.

once we get past Thurs things will get better around here.