Honored Contributor

Re: Brrr girls breaking out the polar expedition coat

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee    Its such small flakes, they're slow to accumulate but I wouldn't call what we've had a blizzard.  There was about 2" at 5:00pm.  I head a wave went through Albuquerque causing a "white out".  Maybe that's what you had.  

Did you hear a truck went off the Crest Road and rolled 100ft down the mountain killing the driver?  Also a truck jack-knifed at the Big I completely snarling traffic.  Avoid it.

@Kachina624 

I left early and was still on Coors after an hour.  Once I got on Montano traffic started moving.  But an hour to travel 3 miles?  Took an hour and a half total to get to work.  Usually takes 25 minutes tops.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee   Did you have trouble getting home and up to your house?  I see my street is still snow packed.  Today is my garbage day and no trucks have been around.

Didn't QVC pick a wonderful day for their garden shows?  That's the last thing I want to think about right now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee   Did you have trouble getting home and up to your house?  I see my street is still snow packed.  Today is my garbage day and no trucks have been around.

Didn't QVC pick a wonderful day for their garden shows?  That's the last thing I want to think about right now.

@Kachina624 

I didn't think my coworkers would make it in on time this morning but they did.  I actually got out on time and the drive home wasn't bad at all because most people just stayed off the roads.

Made it up the hill but I left my car in the driveway so all the muck would melt off outside instead of inside the garage.  Convenient for our plumber, too, who had to have access to our dead furnace this morning.

When it rains it pours.  Or, when it snows, Albuquerque stops dead.

And to think that on Monday we had a landscaping crew come out and clean up the yard and trim everything for spring.

That NM sun is good for something: Most of the snow on the streets has melted in our area.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Ah... but the Sandias look lovely today.

Honored Contributor

I hate the sun down here whether it's New Mexico or Tx. cancer causing spots is all it's good for. got a tiny pink spot on my right side of face now that's coming off 3-24th. Just had Mohr's surgery on the back 12-16th

The office says it's not because I'm old now, but, from when I was young and stupid sun bathing. They're catching them now when they're small, first the biopsy, then the verdict, then the excision, stitches, and band aid and another visit back to the office for follow up. I've been going first for one thing or the other since Sept.

I bought me a 'gaither' to wear around home when I dare to stick my head out the door, then I got me a SPF covid looking mask to use in the car looks like I'm worried about Covid, but, really to defend myself against that **** sun..   Also a spf garden hat to cover head.

I got a friend who has scalp cancer on her head.!!!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

What I don't like is that the sun destroys "plastic" eyeglass frames so quickly.  I'm not driving that much, but the left side of my frame always gets the worst of it.

Imagine what that's doing to my skin...

I wondered what all those spots were...

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Thurs. gonna be below 0 and this is freaking Tx.  Not getting out anyway, but, can wear to mailbox if we don't get too much snow.

@SharkE 

Yep, it is a "little brisk" isn't it.....🥶🌨⛄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Yep, I'm gonna have to pull out the old puffer coat (used only once in several years) here in central TX. I'm holding out hope they've worked on the power.

They've had time since last February's snowzilla to get the power grid up to par. I'm still skeptical, since I'm only hearing planned bill increases, instead of what is being done.

@SharkE @BlueFinch 

So far so good about the power, keep your fingers crossed......There have been some outages here in SA but not due to lack of fuel, more so caused by ice forming on power lines.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@SharkE 

What I don't like is that the sun destroys "plastic" eyeglass frames so quickly.  I'm not driving that much, but the left side of my frame always gets the worst of it.

Imagine what that's doing to my skin...

I wondered what all those spots were...

I always thought any skin cancers were ugly things . Black, brown, reddish brown, sores, etc.   Nope, basal cells are pink smooth spots. In my case, tiny spots that look like just plain pink, smooth pay 'em no attention spots.

They do a biopsy and it comes back basal cell cancer. You can choose different ways to get rid of them and Medicare pays for it. I don't have the paperwork yet, but, was told after you pay the 233 Part B deductible they and the supplement , if you have one, will pick up the rest.   I chose the

"gold standard" for getting rid of them and they should never come back is they cut them out and a little extra around them to make sure nothing but clear margins are left. slap a bandaid on the excision spot and your done.

If stitches are needed you come back in 3 weeks to have them removed.

if you have anything like that get to a dermatologist and be evaluated.