Esteemed Contributor

Make fun, if you will, but had I made those peanut butter blossom cookies this year, and my kisses didn't have tips, I'd have been pi**ed off.  

Honored Contributor

Oh Brother!

Respected Contributor

Twitter..

"Warm hearts this holiday season and take time to celebrate our differences," the company tweeted alongside a photo of six Hershey's Kisses — two of which had broken tips.

We understand that expectations are high for an iconic brand that is more than 100 years old and are beloved around the world. We are sharing your comments and concerns with the Kisses brand team at Hershey and they are looking into the situation.

Honored Contributor

Geez I made 3 dozen pb "blossom" hershey kiss cookies today -- I never noticed ...so I just had to go see...they look OK to me!  

Then again, I put them back in oven for a minute or 2 to melt & set into cookie.

93D0A82A-FDC3-43A3-9E08-504E1F82A8A4.jpeg

The things I learn from these boards is never-ending!!!  Plus, family went to Hershey Park recently & hmmmm no one mentioned this small detail on the "tour"!

Honored Contributor

Re: Brouhaha over the tips

[ Edited ]

Whoo boy-just don't bring a plate of defective cookes over to a neighbor who doesn't want them in the first place.

Can you imagine the horror of seeing defective cookies?  I'll bet more are going to be thrown into the trash.  LMAO

Or maybe creepy elf on the shelf is snapping them off and rewrapping them.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

I always liked using Brach's Chocolate Stars on my peanut butter blossom cookies.

Honored Contributor

They look ridiculous without the tips. I love Hershey kisses.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I am wondering if the tips were just broken off in the ones with Christmas packaging?

I used the ones in a regular bag and they were fine.....

Beleive it or not those packaged in the Holiday bags are handled different because people with tree nut allegies can't eat them....regular every day bags....are OK

Honored Contributor

I think they are selling seconds

Esteemed Contributor

@Sissyrose wrote:

I always liked using Brach's Chocolate Stars on my peanut butter blossom cookies.

I haven't seen those Brach's candies in years.  Thanks for the reminder; I'll bet they look pretty in those cookies.