Honored Contributor

Brothers Colvin to Donate their 17,000 + Bottles of Hand Sanitizer

A lot of us participated in the discussion about these brothers on @SeaMaiden's thread  HERE.

The Tennessee Attorney General's office said the Colvins donated their items to a local church. Some of the hand sanitizers were taken back to Kentucky, where they had driven to buy a lot of it.

A former Air Force sergeant, Matt Colvin resold popular items on Amazon as his full-time job and earned over $100,000 a year. He is not sorry for buying and selling the hand sanitizers and was able to sell 300 for inflated prices ($8 - $75 per bottle)  before Amazon clamped down on him. Calling it "e-commerce," he doesn't think he did anything wrong - REALLY?

The Tennesee AG's office said they are still investigating. 

You just have to wonder how this boy was raised. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Brothers Colvin to Donate their 17,000 + Bottles of Hand Sanitizer

They are "poster children" for the moral decay this country is suffering.  We allowed this decline to begin by decrying any attempts to teach right and wrong.  Everything became relative and a "gray area".  So be it.

Honored Contributor

:He'll get a huge tax write off for all that so he'll still make out ok!!

Contributor

Their file should be red flagged and denied

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom 

That's great, but had he not gotten such wide-spread, negative publicity over this stunt, I doubt he'd have found his conscience to help others.

When things return to "normal" people like him will be back at it. 

Trying to turn a profit on the misery and misfortune of others.

I'm happy he did this so others have help, but I'm not willing to give him a pass on being a deep-down jerk.

Esteemed Contributor

I find it hard to believe he donated anything.  He wants to get paid.  Nope, not believing him.

Honored Contributor

a news reporter asked him directly if he felt bad about the decision he made to purchase so much that no one could buy any.... he thought about it for 15 seconds and blatantly said NO. 

He is just a selfish JERK. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

a news reporter asked him directly if he felt bad about the decision he made to purchase so much that no one could buy any.... he thought about it for 15 seconds and blatantly said NO. 

He is just a selfish JERK. 

Yes he is. I don't think most people would even think to act like this, but maybe I'm being too optimistic. 

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I find it hard to believe he donated anything.  He wants to get paid.  Nope, not believing him.

Maybe he was getting too many threats...he certainly became the face of the villain.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@beach-mom 

That's great, but had he not gotten such wide-spread, negative publicity over this stunt, I doubt he'd have found his conscience to help others.

When things return to "normal" people like him will be back at it. 

Trying to turn a profit on the misery and misfortune of others.

I'm happy he did this so others have help, but I'm not willing to give him a pass on being a deep-down jerk.

@Witchy Woman - I think he was "encouraged" to donate! Once the AG's office got involved I don't think he had a choice. Smiley Wink