[ Edited ]

inspired by the Italians, Brooklyn will be singing tonight

(removal of link)

Respected Contributor

Re: Brooklyn will be singing from the rooftops tonight

BRAVO BROOKLYN

Honored Contributor

So much for American leadership, creativity; seems we've become nothing more than followers, well those in Brooklyn anyway.

Does anyone admire a copycat? 

Honored Contributor

Sensational, and very welcomed in the community!  More neighborhoods may be doing this soon.  THIS, is what we need more of today. 

On another note...Debbie Allen, the actress (Grey's Anatomy), dancer, choreographer, awardee of the George and Ira Gershwin Award for Lifetime Musical Achievement, etc., conducted a free dance class yesterday on her Instagram Live account.  It was a fantastic workout!  It was so well received that she is doing it again this weekend for kids. 

I don't know if anyone did this recently during this isolation period.  So maybe I shouldn't mention how wonderful it was to have an online community of beginner and professional dancers (and mostly non-dancers like me) coming together to workout in these stressful times and having a load of fun. Taught by a true star in her field.  

I welcome more & more of any much needed respites to lift one's spirits.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

So much for American leadership, creativity; seems we've become nothing more than followers, well those in Brooklyn anyway.

Yes, when the result is to spread cheer and not fear.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Yes, when the result is to spread cheer and not fear.

Thank you @SunValley !

Honored Contributor

Cheer is what is filling Florida beaches and spreading the virus. Fear just may keep some of them at home. Cheer protects no one, fear may protect many.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Cheer is what is filling Florida beaches and spreading the virus. Fear just may keep some of them at home. Cheer protects no one, fear may protect many.

Good Grief, what a leap.  I'll opt for being cheerful and intelligently following all of the expert guidelines at the same time.