Honored Contributor

Re: Bronchitis etc.for Thanksgiving...

@Shorty2U, I'm so sorry you have to go through all that sickness, no matter what day it is. Do take care and you're right to not want to spread it. But more than that when you're sick that's all you really can take care of. Hope you feel better soon.

Valued Contributor

@Shorty2U, I suffer from chronic bronchitis too, & know how it can wipe a person out.  I have had doctors & nurses both tell me that a person often feels worse with bronchitis than they do when they have pneumonia, because of the way it makes a person feel.  So, you aren't imagining it one bit, it is not fun to go through, & I hope you feel much better soon!  

TIP:  one OTC product that I found very useful is Olive Leaf Nasal Spray, by Seagate Products.  They also have throat sprays.  It is touted as a natural antibiotic, antifungal, antispectic.  It covers all bases of what could be ailing you, and works more naturally.  I haven't had any problems with bronchitis this year, for the first time in years--and I credit this product.  You can find it in health food stores, probably Wally-world & places like Whole Foods or online at drug stores, & also @ amazon, where you can read reviews about it & decide if it is right for you.  I also find that breathing in warm moisture helps, & will keep a bowl of very warm water next to me for a half hour or so, wring out a washcloth in it, then place it over my nose & mouth, breathing in through that.  It will help soothe those irritated passages.  If you have any Josie Maran Argan oil, that will help soothe the skin on your nose very quickly.  Smiley Happy

Are you familiar with using an inhaler?  I thought I was, but remember one time when I couldn't get the bronchitis to clear up, even after months.  Turns out I was getting some type of 'rebound' from the inhaler medication itself, which made me worse.  Careful not to let that happen to you, I'm not even sure what I did wrong, because I didn't use it too often.  I think I must have breathed it in wrong or held the med in for too long, because I was desperate to get rid of that cough.  Good luck, hope you feel much better soon!

SerenityNow!
"Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her; still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings." ~Victor Hugo
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry you are sick on Thanksgiving.  What a bummer on turkey day.  

Rest up and take good care of yourself.  if you can't babysit, I am sure your DH can handle it.  Be well soon!

Trusted Contributor

I feel your pain!  I'm just getting over a serious bout of asthmatic bronchitis that set me back on my f---- for 2+ weeks!!!  Still get occasional coughing bouts and am easily fatigued.  Just have to take it easy, get lots of rest, stay away from crowds, drink lots of water, tea, soup.  Not much else you can do!

Honored Contributor

I hope you're feeling better today. You just saw the doctor and started the antibiotics on Monday. Hopefully they've started to kick in now. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

I feel your pain!  I'm just getting over a serious bout of asthmatic bronchitis that set me back on my f---- for 2+ weeks!!!  Still get occasional coughing bouts and am easily fatigued.  Just have to take it easy, get lots of rest, stay away from crowds, drink lots of water, tea, soup.  Not much else you can do!

@Shorty2U

Don't push yourself today!  Hope you're feeling better.

@gonnab

I, too, feel the pain!  Every year I get a bronchitis thing around this time..allergic to pine, dust or mold?  Any of them could be...I bring out the sinus rinse, try to get more sleep, wash my hands...and hope for the best.  Fingers crossed I break the cycle this year & not get it.  Yes, you are spot on...out of commission for 2 weeks!!  

Stay well everyone!  

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for all the replies. Wow it seeems this bronchitis has lasted long for others too

(Thanks for the tip too on products to use/be careful of)

I am resting today, and other arrangements have been made for my grandkids later.

(My kids etc go to their dads family to eat, so at least me being sick doesnt affect their dinner!).

I just wish this coughing would stop. I am in pain from hacking away. IF antibiotics dont work by weeks end, I will RE call the Dr.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

Hello, Shorty2U. Smiley Happy

Sorry you're going through all that. Hope you get better soon. At least you got out of cooking. Smiley LOL

Seriously though, sorry you're sick. Happy Thanksgiving. Smiley Happy

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder