Trusted Contributor

Re: Britney Spears Unloads at Today's Hearing!

Due to HIPPA laws it always amazes me when people say they know what her medical diagnosis is. 

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  sounds like Dad has a bit of a mood disorder himself.  a good number of bi-polar individuals self-medicate with alcohol/drugs.

@sunshine 919    would hate to see this country go back to involuntary psych commitments. and i hate to see comments like they are OK until "they go off their meds". who is OK? the blankety blanks who think they can arbitrate acceptable behavior.    we cannot compel persons to take medication. it's only those with mood disorders which are misunderstood and feared that end up in the limelight. garden variety depression hardly garners a comment.

Respected Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

Due to HIPPA laws it always amazes me when people say they know what her medical diagnosis is. 

ITA!! arm chair psychiatrists.   HIPAA

Esteemed Contributor

@agb80 wrote:

HIPPA be da**ed.....celebrity gossip sites and the like can find out most things.  They knew how Whitney died before an autopsy was done.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@agb80 @CatsyCline @gertrudecloset I believe Britney herself revealed she is bipolar.  I think there is video out there.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

It is if she is ill.  I read that Kim K tried so hard to help Kanye, however it is very difficult to help adults if they refuse medication or refuse help.  I know people have rights but laws need to be changed so people who are not in their right mind can be helped. People really forget how out of control Britney was. Who knows what might have happened if dad had not stepped in.  

She was so out of control she shaved her head and got high and had sex!!!  Honestly, this is really common behavior.  Should everyone who makes a bad decision lose all rights and control of their life, and become a slave to their parents?

She bashed a car with a baseball bat or something like that.  If you consider that normal i'm not sure what to think.  Go back and look at some of the stuff.  Its not a bad thing to have a mental illness some people need to be monitored.  Its just protecting them.

She had an umbrella in her hands and lashed out at the car of a paparazzo who was harassing and stalking her.  And I wouldn't be surprised to find that she shaved her head because every time she tried a funky hair color (like no one else has ever done that), she was mocked mercilessly.

The media and the tabloid rags have a lot to answer for in her case, as well as many others celebrities.

Respected Contributor

@JamandBread Yes, there are many people who manage their bipolar disorder independently, for the most part, but there are varying degrees of this illness and responses to treatment. For some, on their own, disaster looms.

I can understand why there are those concerned about her wanting to marry again and have another child. Although pregnancy with bipolar is manageable in most situations, with positive outcomes, it is a trigger for episodes, particularly severe postpartem.

Medicine's administered during pregnancy have to be closely monitored, but there are still risks. With someone with a history of acute bipolar episodes, it would be considered a complicated pregnancy.

Some of these 'controls,' she speaks of may seem like violations of her rights, but they may come from a place of worry and caring, that she perceives as cruelty.

People who have bipolar have a difficult time seeing themselves as others see them, often denying any illness at all, even after countless serious incidents. 

Respected Contributor

This story reminds me of the Brian Wilson saga, when he was dubbed the genius of The Beach Boys, yet he lost his mind taking LSD and whatever other drugs he could get.  He was under the "care" of a doctor for years, and the doctor was paid big bucks to take care of Brian.  Anyway, it was a long drawn out saga of a rich famous person being used by others to get rich.

I saw the Britney saga being discussed on a news show.  I'm not a fan, but I feel for her.  It's time for her to live and lead her OWN life, come what may.  She is being used by so many and she is living under constant stress and it shows on her face.  I hope she is able to come out of this under sunny skies and not the other alternative.  She's paying for all these attorneys on "both sides", and they are the ones getting rich and probably want to prolong this for as long as possible for the giant money grab.

I feel sorry for her and I think I am on the "Free Britney" side.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Everyone's blaming her dad, but I'm wondering why her sister hasn't spoken up about this.  From what I've read, her mom is living in Britney's lavish house and her dad is living in a trailer.  

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

It is if she is ill.  I read that Kim K tried so hard to help Kanye, however it is very difficult to help adults if they refuse medication or refuse help.  I know people have rights but laws need to be changed so people who are not in their right mind can be helped. People really forget how out of control Britney was. Who knows what might have happened if dad had not stepped in.  

She was so out of control she shaved her head and got high and had sex!!!  Honestly, this is really common behavior.  Should everyone who makes a bad decision lose all rights and control of their life, and become a slave to their parents?

She bashed a car with a baseball bat or something like that.  If you consider that normal i'm not sure what to think.  Go back and look at some of the stuff.  Its not a bad thing to have a mental illness some people need to be monitored.  Its just protecting them.

She had an umbrella in her hands and lashed out at the car of a paparazzo who was harassing and stalking her.  And I wouldn't be surprised to find that she shaved her head because every time she tried a funky hair color (like no one else has ever done that), she was mocked mercilessly.

The media and the tabloid rags have a lot to answer for in her case, as well as many others celebrities.

The point is she has not done any of the stuff she was doing since her dad stepped in. Not sure why people are so upset with the dad.  I would like to know how her sons are.  I am wondering if they spend a lot of time with their dad.