Honored Contributor

Well, I don’t have the hate for them some have but I think the Queen should relieve them of being a Royal. No money, protection, etc. They can live on the money that Harry already has which seems like plenty. 

They can be extended family of the Monarchy but not Royals. 

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

‘Good riddance’: Several British national newspapers have launched blistering attacks on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle – the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – after their decision on Wednesday to step away from royal life, saying they had shown no understanding of what their roles entailed, and had been disrespectful to Queen Elizabeth.

“Harry has selfishly turned his back on the institution she [the queen] has fought to modernize and secure for him and his children.”

“And he didn’t even have the guts or decency to tell her, or his own father, of the bombshell he was about to drop in their laps.”

“Well, good riddance, I for one have had a bellyful of Harry’s eco-warrior hypocrisy."

“The tragedy is he was once the most loved of the modern royals — from the moment he walked behind his mother’s coffin our hearts ached for him. Then he met Meghan. But boy, she changed our Harry.”

I do disagree with the last two sentences.  I don't believe Meghan changed Harry....as an adult he has always acted like an entitled brat.  

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Well, I don’t have the hate for them some have but I think the Queen should relieve them of being a Royal. No money, protection, etc. They can live on the money that Harry already has which seems like plenty. 

They can be extended family of the Monarchy but not Royals. 

She has other grandchildren who didn't take a title or who work in private sector. They are still royal. I believe they have security. Why should Harry be stripped of the things the Queen's other grandchildren enjoy? What has he done to deserve that?

Honored Contributor

I woukd take the HRH away from them, so they can't make deals for Royal Warrants ,and merchandise the Royal Title..

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I woukd take the HRH away from them, so they can't make deals for Royal Warrants ,and merchandise the Royal Title..

Is the HRH designation given to all the grandchildren? Or only those who have a title? 

Respected Contributor

I am already tired of the media overload on this non-issue for Americans. Our focus should be on the many problems we have in our own country and government. No wonder so many people are sad and depressed.

Honored Contributor

I think the Queen bestows that @bathina . I still have hopes that someday Archie will get a title from Charles of from William..He is just a baby and may sometime want to take an active role in his family's  heritage, I guess you can call it

Honored Contributor

Since Harry became of age he has always been different. Living his life as he's wanted. He happened to meet and marry another independent thinker and together they have made their desires known. What's wrong with that especially since he's 6th in line to the throne? 

Meghan didn't cause this!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I am already tired of the media overload on this non-issue for Americans. Our focus should be on the many problems we have in our own country and government. No wonder so many people are sad and depressed.

@chessylady 

I just started a fun thread about Fruit Bat quarters coming this year!

Honored Contributor

According to Dickie Arbiter this was not well planned or well throught through. There are a lot of things that need to be hammered out ,before this is all done and dusted