Honored Contributor

They just want to live a happy life.

No harm in that.

Respected Contributor

Harry has been one of the Family's Black Sheep. There are and have been a few. I wonder if the Royal Family is helping Australia with all their wealth?  I hope so.

This story will be interesting.  We have enough problems in the U.S. with out Royals. Interesting though to many of us.

Honored Contributor

I saw Dickie Arbiter talking about this. He was Press Secretary for years. I believe him, he has no reason to lie. He retired in good standing and has always been a gentleman

Respected Contributor

‘Good riddance’: Several British national newspapers have launched blistering attacks on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle – the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – after their decision on Wednesday to step away from royal life, saying they had shown no understanding of what their roles entailed, and had been disrespectful to Queen Elizabeth.

“Harry has selfishly turned his back on the institution she [the queen] has fought to modernize and secure for him and his children.”

“And he didn’t even have the guts or decency to tell her, or his own father, of the bombshell he was about to drop in their laps.”

“Well, good riddance, I for one have had a bellyful of Harry’s eco-warrior hypocrisy."

“The tragedy is he was once the most loved of the modern royals — from the moment he walked behind his mother’s coffin our hearts ached for him. Then he met Meghan. But boy, she changed our Harry.”

Esteemed Contributor

Re: British royalty

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I disagree with the Meghan detractors who continually trot out the "She knew what she was getting into" chestnut.

No, I don't think she imagined the magnitude, scope and power of the negative press until she "got into it."  It's that way with a lot of things in life.  You observe from the outside until you're thrown into the reality of it.  

And I think the Queen will be able to do quite well without them  She has lots of help.

@Johnnyeager   We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one. IMO you have to be living under a rock to have no idea what being a Royal entails..Even I know how relentress & brutal the paparazzi can be.

Megan is a very smart woman.I also think she is strong willed & planned on moving out of England all along.I never saw her as living that life for to long.

I believe Harry is vulnerable because he was never comfortable living under a microscope.Therefore he's willing to go.

I hope they find what they're looking for.

Respected Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

With 40+ million in the bank and lifetime security personnel (as someone else stated) it should be very easy to live a life of quiet luxury just about anywhere in the world, if that's what they truly want.

My guess is the majority of British people will be happy to have three less people feeding from the public trough.

I am not sure $40 million will cover the lifestyle they have obviously taken for granted.  Maybe they can cash like and set up foundations like people in politics can and rake it in that way.  I think Meghan is the mastermind behind all of this.....

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe that Queen Liz knew for months that this was coming.  Remember the missing pictures in her Christmas message?  She was hinting.  Foreshadowing at its most royally sublime.

It's a scam sham that Queen was blindsided.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps what they mean to do is transition to living on their own income, which is supposed to be substantial.  That would surely bring them more freedom from the ‘family business.’

I don’t know them personally, but have read and heard that 95% of their expenses have, up to now, been paid by Charles from the Duchy.  Likely that is not unique to them.

From the reactions, it sounds as if the rest of thr family were not fully clued in, but the registration of “Sussex Royal” was done a bit ago.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Not only did the Queen know it was her decision. My opinion. They acted miserable. It was not a good fit.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Cannot authenticate this but........

A right royal cash in! How Prince Harry and Meghan Markle trademarked over 100 items from hoodies to socks SIX MONTHS before split with monarchy - with new empire worth up to £400m

• Couple have £34million fortune to fund new life after quitting as senior royals
  • But they can make millions Sussex Royal products after trademark application
  • They want to stamp their name on items including T-shirts, hoodies and gloves 
  • Couple can procure a fortune through book deals, public speaking and fashion
  • Expert says Sussex Royal product empire could generate revenues of £400m