Honored Contributor

Speak basically the same language is what I'd speculate.

We used to be under their rule, too.

Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe   I don't see where the Royal Family is always getting slammed unless you mean Andrew who deserves it.

There seems to be a big following for the British Family on here, most are positive, but not many postings about the other Royal families in Europe, except for a few on a fashion forums occasionally.

I don't know much about the other Royals, but it would be interesting to read about them on here.  Have you any positive thoughts about any of them?

Respected Contributor

Wonderful picture. They all look healthy & happy.  Great to see the 4 generations. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

It's a lovely picture but the UK isn't "ruled" by the royal family.  It's a constitutional monarchy that has historical and ceremonial meaning but that's all.  The Monarchy has no political influence or decision making.  Political decisions and policies are made by Parliament and other government entities.  

Respected Contributor

They are ruled by a P.M. That would be Boris Johnson

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

@ValuSkr ,You are right. I found this pic showing them standing on a step!

queen-heirs

Buckingham Palace released a new portrait to mark the start of a new decade.This is only the second time a portrait has been issued of the Queen, Charles, William and George; the first was released in April 2016 to mark Her Majesty's 90th birthday. 

Why would the Queen need to have a portrait taken with her holding a purse on her arm in her own home (Buckingham Palace)?  I only carry a handbag when I'm out & about, not hanging out at home taking family photos!!   lol!

Honored Contributor

She always has that thing.

Honored Contributor
@aubnwa01 She doesn't live in a home like yours; she lives in castles. Her Kleenex box, if she needs a tissue from her bedroom, could be 46 rooms away! Besides, the woman is 93 yrs old and certainly has overactive bladder so she must carry Depends with her at all times! 😄😁
Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

@ValuSkr ,You are right. I found this pic showing them standing on a step!

queen-heirs

Buckingham Palace released a new portrait to mark the start of a new decade.This is only the second time a portrait has been issued of the Queen, Charles, William and George; the first was released in April 2016 to mark Her Majesty's 90th birthday. 

Why would the Queen need to have a portrait taken with her holding a purse on her arm in her own home (Buckingham Palace)?  I only carry a handbag when I'm out & about, not hanging out at home taking family photos!!   lol!

Reminds me of Sophia on The Golden Girls.  She's always got her little pocketbook with her all the time.  I'm wondering that maybe its proper royal dress, that her outfit wouldn't be complete w/o the handbag.  I double-checked to see if she had on gloves, but no gloves, just the handbag.  Maybe having something like that to hold onto gives her a sense of comfort, otherwise she may not know what to do with her hands when posing for pictures and such.  She never wears trousers that she can stick her hands into the pockets. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

@newname0 ...Oh, lily of the, so do I, so do I!!!!!!!

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam