Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for Megan. Harry pulls the strings and the stunts, and she gets the blame

If he supported her she would have been a huge asset to this family. For one thing she touched people who have never been part of the Royal family and probably thought they never would be

Just think what it would mean to the subjects that are monarchists, if someone of mixed race had a family title ..So much was thrown away by Harry..So much good  could have been done

Respected Contributor

As has been said by many Brits it is called ‘having your cake and eating it’ they made their plan, put it in action, well played!

Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Because they won't try to sell it @bathina ...All of the other children seem to understand they are there to support the monarch..not to compete with them

You are speculating that Meghan and Harry would sell anything at all. He deserves the SAME treatment his cousins receive. You are, for some reason, wanting Harry and Meghan to be punished for wanting to live their lives the way Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Peter do.

The difference is that Harry is the son of the future King.  There are expectations.  They (he and Meghan) should be trying to come up with some sort of compromise rather than wanting it their way or the highway.  Their desire to "support the Queen" is just a lot of blather.  It doesn't really mean anything.  Real support of the Queen means not abandoning ship.

Honored Contributor

I don't want anyone punished @bathina  nor do I want them to profit from the Crown

Respected Contributor

The trademark for Sussex Royal, The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, was filed in June and published Dec. 19, according to a filing with the U.K.'s Intellectual Property Office.

The trademark covers a myriad of goods and services, including books, magazines, posters, apparel, charity campaigns, fundraisers, classes, training, sporting activities and counseling services. 

The Sussex-branded merchandise filing could simply be a measure to block others from producing unofficial knockoff products, but it also gives the royal couple ample room to create branded items themselves. 

~usa today

Honored Contributor

I know no one can compare with the Royal family but I can't help to wonder if this like Billionaire/millionaire children who want their privacy and live without the limelight.  

Barbara Walter's daughter

Candy Spelling's son

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Well for one thing @JaneMarple  none of them seemed to go Hollywood..If you want real privacy that is the fastest way to lose it in my opinion..

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@bathina wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Because they won't try to sell it @bathina ...All of the other children seem to understand they are there to support the monarch..not to compete with them

You are speculating that Meghan and Harry would sell anything at all. He deserves the SAME treatment his cousins receive. You are, for some reason, wanting Harry and Meghan to be punished for wanting to live their lives the way Beatrice, Eugenie, Zara and Peter do.

The difference is that Harry is the son of the future King.  There are expectations.  They (he and Meghan) should be trying to come up with some sort of compromise rather than wanting it their way or the highway.  Their desire to "support the Queen" is just a lot of blather.  It doesn't really mean anything.  Real support of the Queen means not abandoning ship.

So what? Edward was son of the Queen. Anne, daughter of the Queen. Did anyone demand they make their lives a public spectacle? How do you know "they" are not in the middle of coming up with compromises? All we know is what the tabloids are saying to fuel the hatred and vile comments so they can continue to sell papers. This is what they did to Diana.

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Well for one thing @JaneMarple  none of them seemed to go Hollywood..If you want real privacy that is the fastest way to lose it in my opinion..

When did the Sussexes "go Hollywood"? When have they been seen in Hollywood? They came back from 6 weeks in Canada and no one knew where they were until the last week of their vacation.

False witness bearing has got to stop.

Respected Contributor

@cherry   Harry has always loved the bright lights.  If they do have home in L.A. he will love it as they both seem to like the friendship of the ‘stars’ and Harry will fit right in.

Good for them -  do your own thing - if that is what they like - but I do resent any of my taxes funding it in any way at all - just my feeling - very disappointed the way they have handled this great lack of respect .