Respected Contributor

Re: Britany Spear's niece in critical condition

This accident shows why an 8 yr old should not be driving a vehicle alone, doesn't matter what part of the country.  Just ridiculous and avoidable.  I hope the little girl recovers.  It was looking better.  Lesson learned for them hopefully. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@SahmIam

check out message # 52.

@Andreatoo Ah..I see. *rolls eyes*

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

This accident shows why an 8 yr old should not be driving a vehicle alone, doesn't matter what part of the country.  Just ridiculous and avoidable.  I hope the little girl recovers.  It was looking better.  Lesson learned for them hopefully. 

Last year in this area a 9 year old was killed in a sleding accident.  Totally avoidable, should not be our sleding with his family.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

So happy to read her condition is improving.  Hope she makes a full recovery.

Honored Contributor

On another thread a woman has been blamed and ridiculed for getting on a donkey and falling trying to get off. On this thread posters who blame the parents for putting their 7 or 8 year old daughter on a motorized ATV are ridiculed. It seems to me the woman who climbed upon a stationary donkey showed more sense that these parents. Not only that but the donkey woman endangered only herself while the irresponsible parent's decision nearly ended their child's life.

I believe the parents should be charged child endangerment.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad she is recovering and they said that there is no neurologic dammage.

I am surprised that children are still allowed on these ATV's. For several years there have been many warnings to parents about them, that they are not safe and they are not to be thought of as toys or taken lightly.

I don't think I would let a child on one.

They are dangerous period.

Of course other things are dangerous.

As for sledding, I know we all took on really steep, dangerous hills 
"back in the day" and I went with mine on small hills but I can just see myself today saying, oh you've got to wear a helmet, knee pads, wrist pads!

(Actually I did say that when my kids rode bikes!)

Any unnecessary risks NOT taken, I am all for! I know I probably shouldn't talk, as my mother had many visits with me at the er from accidents. It is always good in any sport to use all safety precautions available. That way you can enjoy them with more confidence.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"