Respected Contributor

I would prefer to see them back in the studio. I honestly don't like most of the in-home presentations.

Respected Contributor

stay home, save the transportation money and pass the savings onto us! Man Tongue

Honored Contributor

i was wondering about that the other day.  But I thought about it and think the vendors like it that way.  They don't have to travel to PA and stay in a motel, etc.  They stay in their own homes and work there (like me!)  So they no longer have that expense. They can work out of their garage!   Gone are the days when Susan Graver moved from New York to PA because she was on so many days of the week. Now instead directly from her home, she has created her own set.  

Esteemed Contributor

It does make sense environmentally and economically to have the vendors beam in remotely, but I think I'd enjoy the occasional in-person appearance.

Some of the news shows I watch have started having all the "heads" in one room again, and I realized that I had missed the interaction.

Cogito ergo sum
New Contributor

I agree!  I'm tired of poor reception, constantly losing the vendor, not having the products to show and watching it on a video!  QVC2 is also very boring, when they have the vendors on for an hour selling their products with no show host, what's that all about? I am about done with QVC, I think they have really gone downhill! The show hosts are on for too many hours and some of the new ones that they have hired are not as good as some of the ones that they have let go! 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bring back the vendors

[ Edited ]

I don't mind if vendors are remote, but they do need to have the right setup. What I do want to see again are all of the items presented on person, especially clothing, so we can see the colors presented and not just shown via computer. Have multiple models presenting the clothing, etc.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

I think it depends upon what item they are showing. Kitchen items are better in the studio...watch8g the bpvendor use a set of cookware at their home kitchen while the host just stands there is not my kind of tv....I don't watch much, but the little I have watched  since the remote began hasn't interested me, maybe I haven't watched it enough to get used to it.