Honored Contributor

I don't know about you but it seems like it can be tough to find good news these days with all of the challenges we are facing especially with these terrible hurricanes so I thought I would start a thread highlighting the goodness that emerges in spite of these tough times.

I just found this on Twitter and it made me smile.  This is a Southwest pilot who flew a plane full of refugee dogs out of Houston:

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Bright Spots in Dark Days

newborn baby saved from Hurricane Harvey floodwater has returned to the boat she was rescued on for an emotional first photoshoot.  Her name is Hope:

Photo published for Baby saved from hurricane floodwater has newborn photos on rescue boat 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/08/baby-saved-hurricane-floodwater-has-newborn-photos-rescue...

Honored Contributor

This lady was trying to buy a generator for her father who is on oxygen and they had just sold the last one.  The gentlemen who purchased it insisted she take it instead:

https://twitter.com/RyanAFournier/status/905959831957372928

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe

Thank you for the bright spots!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

This lady was trying to buy a generator for her father who is on oxygen and they had just sold the last one.  The gentlemen who purchased it insisted she take it instead:

https://twitter.com/RyanAFournier/status/905959831957372928

@momtochloe  I saw that on ABC news last night...had to get a box of kleenex...just wonderful Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

8AD69B40-0AD6-4CF3-9868-864D61DC53DB-706-0000014FCB689BFC.jpeg

someone is rescuing roosters in the Florida Keys

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Thanks mtc, I really needed that today!!Heart

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

8AD69B40-0AD6-4CF3-9868-864D61DC53DB-706-0000014FCB689BFC.jpeg

someone is rescuing roosters in the Florida Keys

Ok this made me cry happy tears . . . thanks so much for posting this @LTT1 and God bless those rescuers!  Heart

Respected Contributor

I saw this regarding Hurricane Harvey and couldn't agree more!

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe, I love you! You are always a ray of sunshine!

To everyone here, thank you for the sun shine! I am living in Irma's path and tried earlier to post something with a little levity....mods didn't like it-but I get it...gallows humor-and trust me, I see that a lot-especially among surgeons....

This is scary-believe me: we survived Charley! Been there! I am going into this storm with inner strength that I have gotten from so many here-honestly. I do believe in being positive-and I believe in prayer! Thank you everyone!

So, somebody is rescuing boosters in the Keys? I love it! Those critters have been known to randomly attack! And there they all were....

I guess the caretakers of the Hemingway House are taking care of the six toed cats....

May the caretakers of the parks and zoos be blessed....they love what they do, don't get paid very much. The parks are probably on skeleton staff, but the caretakers are possibly putting their lives at risk.....that's love.

I still have stuff to do-taking a break....please keep these positive stories coming!

On behalf of everybody in Irma's path, yes-we are all scared-but I read stories such as the ones here-pictures are golden-

Love and Hugs,

Poodlepet2