Honored Contributor

Someone posted a cute article about bridzillas -- one bride picked up the bridesmaids gowns for them and paid for them. The bridesmaid werte supposed to reimburse her for them. One gown was not finished being fitted so when that bridesmaid went in to pick up her gown she had to pay for it and the shop owner said "that will be $75" - the girl was shocked - the bride was charging them all $100.

Another girl chose her sister to be her MatronOfHonor and the sister could not understand why she could not wear her bridal gown instead of having to buy a gown to match the other bridesmaids.

there were several others equally bizarre.

Esteemed Contributor

When I had full cable I use to like watching that program...some of the stories were unbeleiveably strange...many times I would think why does this man want to marry the bridezilla....she was so evil...

Esteemed Contributor

@circles wrote:

When I had full cable I use to like watching that program...some of the stories were unbeleiveably strange...many times I would think why does this man want to marry the bridezilla....she was so evil...

I also would watch Bridezillas and would think the same thing.  I also wished they would do one year follow ups on the couples.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@circles wrote:

I also would watch Bridezillas and would think the same thing.  I also wished they would do one year follow ups on the couples.

That would have been fun to see if they are still together...

Respected Contributor

Re: Bridzilla post on FB

[ Edited ]

From my perspective, the brides must be compensated in some way and know they are expected to act outrageously, otherwise why would they be filmed for a bridezilla show (as opposed to a FB post). People tune in to see outrageous, not sensible and kind. I assume there is some degree of acting and/or scripting involved in these reality shows. I can't believe they film dozens of brides hoping to find enough horrible ones in the mix to make a show. But maybe I am naive and people sign up so they can just get on TV and could care less how bad they look.

A coworker's brother was a producer a few years ago for a reality show and said that people were told the part they were to play (likeable, villain, goofy, s€x pot) as they were interviewed.