Respected Contributor

Other than food items, what do you prefer to shop for in brick and mortar stores instead of ordering online?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brick and Mortar Shopping

Clothes, I like to try them on and see how they look on me.  

Shoes and boots I can order and they always fit

Honored Contributor

I only shop online except for trips to Safeway, Walgreen's and a quick trip to Costco every few weeks.

I get my booster next week and am taking no chances by going out into stores. If other people do, that's fine.

I simply choose not to.

Honored Contributor

Where I live there is a dearth of places to shop, especially for clothing. Most of the time it is just easier to shop online. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Everything.  I prefer to see in person, be able to touch the item, be able to compare with other items, and try on clothing and shoes before I spend my money.  

However, during these difficult times, shopping at B&M stores is not feasible for me and I am very grateful that I can order what I need/want online.

Super Contributor

Electronic products. I like the Apple store and Best Buy. If they're out of stock, they just ship to your house. 

Honored Contributor

So far, I haven't discover anything I won't buy online.  I even buy my toothpaste online.  Mobility issues and a lack of nice places to shop keep me at home.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I love being out and about at stores especially at this time of year.  Sadly because of the pandemic I have had to cut down my store visits.  I do love going to book stores and looking at all the books as I am a reader.  I like looking at the clothes I buy in person.  I also enjoy sending cards for different occasions so I love going to the Hallmark and Paper stores.  I believe in supporting mom and pop stores and local businesses, my choice.

Respected Contributor

I have always preferred B&M and I always will--  especially for long gowns and fancy dresses (I like twirling in front of those three-way mirrors), gemstone jewelry (I can check the sparkle and the gold weight), shoes (every brand fits differently, even more so if made in Europe or with high heels!), most definitely in person for pets, sometimes electronics, and, of course, car shopping, because one must test drive a vehicle to ensure a good match. Most of our furniture is antique, and we bought it piece meal from shops across the country, all in person.  

Generally I shop online once I already know the quality and/or fit of a manufacturer, or for more low budget items.

Esteemed Contributor

Cars.