Respected Contributor

Re: Brian Williams Is Not Returning To Nightly News

CNN is reporting that Lester Holt officially has the job!  I'm so happy for him and wish him the best of luck. 

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I hope Lester did get it.  I really enjoy him!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

It's official, they gave the job to Lester Holt.  I don't think that surprised anyone.  Even if Lester hadn't done such an exemplary job; Brian Williams was never going back to the nightly news.  His crediblity was tarnished beyond repair. 

Trusted Contributor

Shell, I agree. But I prefer David Muir anyway.

Respected Contributor

They found a job for Williams over at MSNBC.  I could make a snarky comment, but I'll refrain, LOL.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

They are not letting him back at NBC but sending him to MSNBC for possible subbing in chairs on those news/talk shows.  NBC is a bit more classy than MSNBC.  He still is not credible for me to get my news from fun or current events.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."