Super Contributor

Re: Brian Laundrie, Human Remains Found With His Possessions

[ Edited ]

What will happen now, since the drama of finding Brian is over, the stories about Gabby will get less and less and eventually, her death will be forgotten.  

A life snuffed out for no ****** reason.   I won't ever forget how scared she was when those unprofessional cops talked to her.   She was scared but still under his control in her mind.   Her wanting to say something but her confusion not believing she was in an abusive situation.

The only way she will remain relative will be if his parents are found to have done something illegal.  Otherwise, like all these senseless acts, Gabby will just become another story that fades.  

And who knows how interested the police in FL or FBI will be to even investigate the "poor parents" who just lost their son.  

This story has affected me so deeply.   I feel like Gabby is just another statistic and hers and others will just be unimportant to the masses.   I just can't stop thinking how she must have felt as the man she was so loyal to was choking her to death.

God rest her soul.   I will never forget you. 

Frequent Contributor

Sorry to say...this has all the drama of a made-for-tv movie.

All victim's..IMO

Super Contributor

@DesertGems wrote:

Sorry to say...this has all the drama of a made-for-tv movie.

All victim's..IMO

@DesertGems   You are so right.  I'm sure the money hungry, greedy TV studios are just chomping at the bit to get this story on air. 

It's disgusting.

Honored Contributor

The parents will never be forgiven and they will never find peace until they cooperate and share what they know. Common sense tells you when he came back without Gabby, they would have wanted to know why, and I'm sure he told them. Knowing he would be facing the death penalty if he confessed and turned himself in, they probably gave him money, a burner phone to stay in touch, and a good head start before reporting him missing. I think they knew where to find him because it's the last place they heard from him before he took his life or was killed. 

~H~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I heard an x FBI agent tonight on TV and it's the only thing that makes sense about this ending.  He said it  wasn't a coincidence that the parents we're able to find his belongings in a few hours and they found Brian's body soon after. He believes the FBI contacted them and told them they had enough evidence to bring charges against them for helping their son run and if they didn't cooperate they'd be looking at 25 years with no parole.  So they showed the FBI where he was.

Because of his parents actions, Gabby's parents will never know why Brian killed their daughter.  I wish there where some charges that could be brought against them and their shyster lawyer.  People should demand it.

I honestly don't think he took his own life.  There's no way to survive in that environment.  I live in South Florida.  I think an alligator or a snake got him and just hope his last minutes on this Earth were far worse than Gabby's.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@decaf ... Interesting information what the FBI said. I also thought he wouldn't survive there. I'm sure it was a case of him hiding out but with gators, etc where he was, l don't know why his parents thought he would be safe there!

Why did Brian kill Gabby? It's obvious he was an abuser! He became enraged with her and strangled her. Unfortunately, this happens every day. Hopefully those in abusive relationships will have heard about this case and will get out if they can...meaning a lot stay because they don't have the means of taking care of themselves.

I just wish Gabby had gone back to stay with her parents before embarking on this trip...but she was in too far with promising to make this cross country trip with him and filming it. Her parents probably didn't know she was being abused because we never tell anyone that we are!

We always think things will get better but they don't. Years ago l was in a verbally and emotionally abusive marriage but l was working and could take care of myself and finally got out after 8 years...which l should have done sooner. Took a long time to get my self esteem back... I still think being physically abused is much worse...my opinion.

Much love and many prayers go out to Gabby's parents and family. Rest in peace sweet Gabby. 🙏 ❤️

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

While they are both victims at this time, it didn't have to be this way.  Brian set the final demise of both of them in action.  Whether he actually killed her or not, which I believe he did, he was still sketchy coming home alone and not giving her whereabouts.  

Because of his action or inaction, they both paid the ultimate price.  And now both families are left to mourn.  💔🙏😔

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

While they are both victims at this time, it didn't have to be this way.  Brian set the final demise of both of them in action.  Whether he actually killed her or not, which I believe he did, he was still sketchy coming home alone and not giving her whereabouts.  

Because of his action or Inaction, they both paid the ultimate price.  And now both families are left to mourn.  💔🙏😔

@SloopJohnB   You have written a very compasionate post.  In the end, two people are dead and losing their children cannot be diminished.

Gabby's parents were going to start a foundation to help people with missing children.  I have not kept up with that so I do not know where it stands.

Sometimes it is more compassionate to realize that most people do not set out to become abusers and/or killers.  

While I hope his parents do have answers, and there is no way to prove that they do, I think Gabby's parents are going to move forward doing something to help others while Brian's parents will be forever marked as helping a murderer.

They and they alone will carry that burden.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Can't say I am surprised---now the parents will never know what happened to their kids--that is sad------but if he were innocent, why did he run?? 

Honored Contributor

I'm glad it's over.