Honored Contributor

Brian Laundrie Admits Killing Gabby Petito

[ Edited ]

From The Daily Beast today:

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 1.11.23 PM.png

Trusted Contributor

Re: Brian Laundrie Admist Killing Gabby Petito

[ Edited ]

Nice to hear proof of what we've known all along. 

Eta- But what happened to the gun he used to commit suicide?

Respected Contributor

Sad case. I have no sympathy for him  committing suicide but I am glad he did own up to killing that young lady. At least it brings closure for her family to know what happened and who did it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@decaf Regarding your wondering about the revolver, evidently the FBI has it.

The Daily Mail in the UK states: "He died of a single gunshot wound of the head, and along with the notebook, officers also found a backpack and a revolver."

Trusted Contributor

Today I heard they still investigating the parents. I still think their beahavuor was strange. The fact they found the notebook within minutes of going to the woody area seems odd to me, and there must be something the authorities are still investigating about them. 

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

Today I heard they still investigating the parents. I still think their beahavuor was strange. The fact they found the notebook within minutes of going to the woody area seems odd to me, and there must be something the authorities are still investigating about them. 

That's good to know.  Like many others, I have a feeling there is definitely something there.

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

Nice to hear proof of what we've known all along. 

Eta- But what happened to the gun he used to commit suicide?

@decaf   On the NBC Nightly News tonight they said that the notebook and a revolver were found with his body.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

He said he was "responsible" in his notebook.  His overwhelming guilt wouldn't let him say "I killed her".  But it doesn't matter, everyone knows what happened.  It changes nothing.  

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler  @NickNack  Thank you for this new information.  When his body was found the authorities only mentioned a notebook and bag being found near the body, nothing about the weapon.  For whatever reason, they chose to withold that information.

Internet sleuths have been having a field day ever since, so many theories about the missing gun, especially since one had been stolen from the parents home. 

Esteemed Contributor

Doesn't change a thing to me, except. Both of his parents should be charged a major felony. They knew what he did and were complicit in him escaping the law. 

To me his was a coward in several ways, and I am glad he saved the state a lot of $$$$ by not needing a trial and housing and feeding him till he croaked.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)