Super Contributor

Re: Breathing in a face mask

It does take some time to get used to. There is no option in healthcare.  

Since we only have to wear cloth masks, try wearing a scarf instead of a mask.  The bottom of it is open and might help you feel as if more air is moving rather than a mask conforming to your face. 

I have a feeling masks will be here to stay for quite a while. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

@Tink814 

i also posted this on another thread......maybe look for a hat/shield combination like this..... you can find them on amazon and on eastcoastsafety410.

east coast safety hat.png

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy, I´m having a terrible time wearing a mask.  I make them and leave the elastic lose so that i could adjust it. I have screamed my head off in the store because I felt like I was losing it. Once I start sweating, I know I´m in trouble.

A few days ago it started happening again and I opened my mouth and what a surprise, I started breathing through my MOUTH and it felt so good. Now all I have to do is remember to breath through my mouth.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Tink814 

i also posted this on another thread......maybe look for a hat/shield combination like this..... you can find them on amazon and on eastcoastsafety410.

east coast safety hat.png

I have seriously thought about a face shield to be honest.  Geez, I've spent hundreds of dollars already and most of the things I don't even wear.  Although I may some day.  I guess I'm stockpiling protective wear.  Yes, stockpiling.

They were selling them on HQ a few days ago.  Probably sold out.  I usually go in for the kill and am glad because many masks I've bought are now unavailable.

Has anyone thought about these boxes that they're selling that kill germs and bacteria?  

Valued Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza  Thanks for the Etsy recommendation on masks! I just ordered 6. Been trying to decide which seller to buy from so your post was very helpful!!😁

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm :  I just received a ten pak of silicone extenders.  You fasten your ear loop to one end and put the other ear loop to attach the other side.  Therefore the ear loops on your mask fit into either end of silicone strip making mask much easier to use.

Trusted Contributor

Breathe ‘slowly albeit fully’ (not short breaths/hyperventilating) through the mask.

Valued Contributor

@ 05gage25 - Glad to help!  I wasted a lot of money till I ordered from this guy.  Hope the masks work for you.Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

I've noticed a few people wearing their mask right below their nostrils. Could it be they're having trouble breathing with it on! Do they think they just need to cover their mouth! 

I was at Walmart today and noticed many people wearing their masks under their noses and wanted to scream at them to pull the mask up over their nose. Do they think the virus is transmitted only    through the mouth? I also saw a lady pull her mask down, open a bottle of lotion to try it, smell it on her hand, then decided she didn't like it. 
I know I certainly don't want to get sick so I just had to stay far away from them and take a deep breath to calm myself down. I can only control what I do, but I sure wish these people would stay home.

Super Contributor

That defeats the purpose of wearing the mask in the first place.  You could be asymptomatic and not know it and then breath in the aisle, someone walks into the aisle and through your virus air and poof they are infected.  Better to just shop quickly and get in and out of the store asap.