Honored Contributor

Re: Breathing in a face mask

I'm another for whom wearing a mask is extremely uncomfortable.  Doesn't help that I have anxiety and breathing problems, anyway (including asthma).  But I just do it, because it is the right thing to do.

Fortunately, I was already home most of the time when this started and the only place I've been going is to the grocery store about every 10-14 days.  I wish I could get myself to be ok with having somebody else choose my food items but I'm just not there.  I'm fairly neurotic about food-type stuff.

I'm sorry for other who also struggle with this.  It is for the greater good, so I just figured I had to pull 'em up and wear the mask!  Smiley Very Happy  

In the heat it is going to be even more sukky!  Just the other day I went to the store and, although it was only about 70F (which actually is already way too hot for me anyway!).   After the short bit of shopping it took to get out of there and go to my car, I pulled it down and my face was not only soaking wet but bright purple.  This is what happens when I'm out in the heat, due to the auto-immune condition.  I always hated the heat anyway.

I'm kind of working on finding a type of mask that might make it easier for those of us with breathing problems, anxiety, and the heat issue.  We are having highs in the mid to high 90s this week so I'm glad I don't have to go out again.

Wishing everybody the best and thanking those who will conform for the greater good.  It is VERY important!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I went to Dollar Tree yesterday and I thought I was going to die from the mask.  I couldn't wait to get the heck out of there.

If it weren't for the fact that almost all of everything I had on my list was already in my basket I would have abandoned it and left.

Trusted Contributor

Hate masks with a passion. I make sure to have my emergency inhaler on me as I've had 2 asthma attacks triggered by wearing them. One was at Costco and luckily I was able to remove it, take 2 puffs, time it and then....wait. It most have been obvious I was in distress because I had a few people (all at different times) ask me if I was ok, should they call an employee, do I need to sit down, etc. Very kind and all stayed away yet the concern was in their voice. Once I felt better, I moved VERY VERY slowly, regulated my breathing through my nose, paid and left. The second time was at Walmart; same thing. 

I am truly dreading the heat/summer. You all have no idea. Smiley Sad

"Coming to ya from Florida"