Super Contributor

Re: Bread -- what's your favorite?

just the other day made the Pistachio Bread from a thread on here. YUM!!!!!!! it'll be my fav for a few days!!

Honored Contributor

Cinnamon-Raisin bread. I'm out of it, and can smell the aroma right now. Afternoon grocery shopping list.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Sourdough.

Honored Contributor

On 3/31/2015 madcity411 said:

San Francisco Sourdough! Yum!!

San Francisco Sourdough is DEFINITELY the best sourdough!

Respected Contributor

Bread from a local bakery called The Breadfarm. Anything they make is my favorite, but I particularly like their potato rolls and their olive baguette. Nothing better to me than crusty baguette with brie! Their Monster sandwich bread is good, too. For every day sandwiches or toast, my favorite is Rudy' s Honey Sweet Whole Wheat.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I love all crunchy, chewy bread, my favorite being Acme, especially the sour dough baguette, rye, and Italian, but all of Acme bread is great. We always have a twenty-one grain and/or seed bread for toast and sandwiches. I couldn't live without bread. I teethed DD on Acme strips of crusts, it was great, chewy, and held her drool, never had an issue during that time, and now she is a bread lover too.

Esteemed Contributor

Swedish Limpa Bread

Esteemed Contributor

Swedish Limpa Bread: a wonderful rye-based bread shaped like a large almond. It has orange zest and molasses in it - such a wonderful flavor profile.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/31/2015 tansy said:
On 3/31/2015 SusieQ_2 said:

My favorite for sandwiches is Dave's Killer Bread and there are many varieties. For toast I like sourdough.

Dave's Killer Bread is expensive so I often just go with something that's 100% whole wheat. I like the nutty flavor.

That's my favorite healthy bread. Costco sells it in a two-pack for a more reasonable price. I freeze the second loaf. Otherwise I love a crusty loaf of sourdough with butterSmiley Happy

Dave's Killer and sourdough...we're bread twins Tansy! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Someone else said they never met a bread they didn't like and I agree. I wish I liked veggies as much as I love bread. I do like veggies, and I feel like a healthier me when I eat them. They just don't have that comfort food feeling that bread does.

Honored Contributor

I have a sourdough starter, and make two loaves of bread each week. Lots,of fun, and my husband likes to help me make it. We enjoy this project together, and the bread is delicious. It is interesting to me how this works, and whoever invented this. Love it.