Respected Contributor

Re: Brazen package thief leaves thank you note...

Very strange. 🤔As Smith, herself, said, who carries a notebook with them? I also can't imagine someone just standing there, writing a note on someone's stoop. It was snowing, and that paper is pristine, too--no water smudges from snow, "dents," etc.

Regardless, maybe someone will recognize the handwriting. One's writing is distinctive, and will always be uncovered. I hope they catch him. Or her.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

Interesting.  I get delivery notices from USPS, FedEx and UPS.  You can set it up on their website.  With USPS I have Informed Delivery, but I also set up tracking notices with them when I get the tracking information.  I get email and/or text messages from all three companies as soon as the package is out for delivery and delivered.  

I try to stay home during the delivery time period.  Sometimes I can't, but I do receive notice when the package has been delivered.  It's so easy to set up I would recommend everyone do this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Like others mentioned I also get tracking & delivery notification for almost all orders.

However the past couple of weeks I have noticed these notices are not timely and sometimes absent.  Perhaps because of the volume.  Sad to say, being a supporter of the USPS, I have noticed them to be lacking the most.  I check through out the day for notifications.  When I visit my mail box I find the item has been delivered.

As far as the porch pirate thank you note, obviously someone wanted their 15 minutes of anonymous fame.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
My neighbor had several packages stolen from her porch right after Thanksgiving. She started cleaning the litter box and pouring the contents into Amazon boxes she had saved, sealing them up, and putting on her porch. Two of them were stolen. So far, other things she has ordered have not been taken.😎

@lovesrecess 

Cat LOL  Good for your neighbor....!!! 👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Just had a package picked up off the porch two days ago.  I'd like to leave a package there with some contributions from my dog.

Is there any recourse?  Will seller replace items (dreaming)?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched this on the news last night and don't understand something:

She said she bought a gift for her boss and when she went to get it, it was gone and she found the note.  Why was the pkg. on her porch and, as someone else stated, how come the note was pristine???

Did I miss something???

ETA:  Maybe the thief left the note in the mailbox? or under the door?  Could be why it was so clean and dry????

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise   You know, the sad part about this is that it's happening everywhere.  No neighborhood is safe anymore.   My daughters work so they have their packages delivered to our home, (we are retired and usually home) as do some of our neighbors.

We are more than happy to be on the lookout for packages, but I do worry.  Our neighborhood was once so safe we often forgot to lock our doors.  Not any more.