Cascade dishwasher pods

Tide laundry pods

Nabisco Wheat Thins

Keebler Zesta Saltines

Pepperidge Farm Goldfish crackers

Hunts Ketchup

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brand loyalty (groceries)?

There are a few brands that I prefer, but if my store doesn't have them, I'll just put it on the list for the next week or I'll buy another brand...except for Seagram's Ginger Ale, go figure.  I'll run to another store before I'll buy a substitute!  I like Seagram's GA to settle my stomach...no, really!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

Only Kirkland TP.  Weird response I know! We will always boycott Barilla Pasta and Chick-fil-a though. Personal choice 

And for the reasons you would boycott, I would support. I believe people should not be forced to conform to values they don't believe. Which is totally different from the things they are accused of being/doing.

I will always spend with companies that mirror my values, or that I see standing against the tide of the PC garbage movement. 

Good for you! Hopefully never in your lifetime will you have a family member or friend who doesn't "mirror your values"

@scatcat What does having a family member or friend that doesn't mirror one's values have to do with what you purchase?  I have both, family and friends that don't mirror my values or belief system.  This doesn't change my purchasing choices nor does it effect my relationships.  We each know where we stand and because we love each other, we respect it.  PLUS I pray for them......Smiley Happy.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@QVCkitty1

apparently their 'low sodium' varieties are lower than other brands but in all honesty I wasn't paying attention.

Their cream of mushroom is outstanding! (and that's when I usually choose Progresso)

@Andreatoo

@QVCkitty1

Yes, Amy's soups are low on salt.  I bought them for the vegetarian/organic aspect.  I noticed right away that I tasted hardly any salt.  I'm not used to low salt content.  I guess I would get used to it, but I can't eat it without adding a little.

Honored Contributor

I guess I am loyal to brand.  It's probably easier to list what I'm not brand loyal on.  Butter, skim milk, usually dairy products.

Trusted Contributor

???ies for Law Enforcement who work on Christmas

My favorite brands:  

Hellman's mayo

Heinz ketchup

Palmolive dishwashing liquid

Gulden's mustard

Pure Leaf iced tea

Llpton tea bags

A-1 steak sauce

Ore Ida french fries

Jif peanut butter

Canada Dry ginger ale

Tide laundry detergent 

Some of the above, I will occasionally buy other brands of, especially if I have coupons or if there are good sales.  EXCEPT:  never buy any other brand of mayo or ketchup...or tea bags or laundry detergent (if anyone cares!) 

Honored Contributor

One of the reasons I don't buy a lot at Costco is because I like particular brands and/or particular varieties of something.  

I like what I like, whether it's a flavor, texture, color. 

For example, I like Green Giant canned green beans.  Wegmans was out once and I bought Wegmans store brand.  OMG they were so pale in comparison, and mushy.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

There are a few brands that I prefer, but if my store doesn't have them, I'll just put it on the list for the next week or I'll buy another brand...except for Seagram's Ginger Ale, go figure.  I'll run to another store before I'll buy a substitute!  I like Seagram's GA to settle my stomach...no, really!!

@MacDUFF

Canada Dry is the only kind of ginger ale I ever buy!

Trusted Contributor

I'm not super brand loyal but I do tend to be loyal to Kleenex tissues (although I find Puffs fine) and Hellmans mayo. Our local independent grocery has a store brand mayo that I swear is identical to Hellmans and I'll buy that if I happen to be in the store and it's a good price. Most other things I will swap around depending.

Trusted Contributor

Coke vs pepsi
Dukes mayonnaise
Kens ranch
Gatorade vs Powerade
Scott TP
Heinz
A1