Honored Contributor

Brainless man kills baby bison....

Don't you think the nincompoop whose irresponsible and quite weird actions resulted in the death of that baby bison should be charged or at least heavily fined.  An actress was fined for carving a little heart into a rock, a heart that will eventually be worn away by weather and time.  But that little bison lost it's life because some fool thought it was a good idea to load it into his suv and drive it to drive it off somewhere because.....it was cold outside.  I heard snipets of this sad story on the news and I thought there must have been more to the story.  Perhaps it was injured or he was saving it from hunters or people were harrassing the little thing in some way.  But no,  that wasn't the case.  The brainless one was "saving" it from it's natural environment and safety and protection of it's mother and the herd.  After his "help", the bison was rejected by the herd and had to be euthanized.  I think he should be made to pay for his actions, he shouldn't be allowed to shrug it off with "I thought I was helping".

Respected Contributor

Re: Brainless man kills baby bison....

I sit here squinting and wondering. Where does this person think all these wild animals go when it's cold?

The stupidity is mind boggling. 

Honored Contributor

Suggest you get your facts together before posting.  This subject was thoroughly discussed last night.  The tourist didn't kill the calf; the park service did.  He was issued a ticket with a fine.  He was a foreign tourists so the fine may never be paid.  He'll be persona non grata in the US if he doesnt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

This could have been a kind-hearted person who simply did not understand the consequences of their actions.
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Suggest you get your facts together before posting.  This subject was thoroughly discussed last night.  The tourist didn't kill the calf; the park service did.  He was issued a ticket with a fine.  He was a foreign tourists so the fine may never be paid.  He'll be persona non grata in the US if he doesnt.

You should re-read what I wrote.  I said he was responsible for the animal's death....and he was 100% responsible for the situation that led to the euthanization (look it up) of the animal.  Good to hear that he got a ticket.  What was it for $100?  

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
This could have been a kind-hearted person who simply did not understand the consequences of their actions.

I suppose he could have thought that the animals in Yellowstone winter in their condos in Boca Raton....

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why the bison couldn't have been relocated to some type of wild life preserve or santuary

i think he was killed too soon

Respected Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

I don't understand why the bison couldn't have been relocated to some type of wild life preserve or santuary

i think he was killed too soon

I read they didn't have the resources to care for the calf and they could not relocate it because of a mandatory quarantine to prevent the spread of brucellosis.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

"Suggest you get your facts together before posting.  This subject was thoroughly discussed last night..."  

With all due respect, I suggest we reconsider the tone of what we've typed before clicking "post."  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

You should re-read what I wrote.  I said he was responsible for the animal's death....and he was 100% responsible for the situation that led to the euthanization (look it up) of the animal.  Good to hear that he got a ticket.  What was it for $100?  

Read your own headline, "Brainless Man kills baby bison".  I've not heard how much the fine was.  They're not going to expend much time on one little calf when they have to cull about 20% or about 900 bison every year.  They just finished culling for this year.  I wrote a lot about it on the other thread.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment