Honored Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

@fortune wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

Do you know what is sad?  Athletes often auction them off for charity.  The money could have went to help St Jude or some other organization. It's amazing to me that they dont have better security in the locker rooms. 

@GSPgirl

Great idea!  It's not too late!  Someone could "find" it and the proceeds of approximately a half million could still go to charity! 

Sounds like Brady has not been that charitable

when it comes to auctioning off Super Bowl jerseys of past:

“Those are special ones to keep, you know, but what can you do?” he asked after receiving a football-shaped trophy for being named the game’s most valuable player. “I’ll take the ring, and that’s good enough for me.”

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Happiness Is Inside JOB wrote:

I know this is not the sports board.  I am posting this here as a "what has the world come to" statement.  Tom Jersey's super bowl jersey was stolen in the locker room. Can anyone actually have the NERVE to do such a thing.

What has happened to the morals in america.  Now I'm not trying to debate the rights and wrongs of the Patriots or the NFL.  I'm just saying as one person to another, why would I even "THINK" it was "OKAY" to take his jersey. You know it had to be either security, medical staff, even a team mate on the team.  And you know what is going to happen, in a few weeks, a Lawyer is going to contact the NFL and want to return the jersey anonymously for their client.  We may never get to know who really did this terrible act.

Also to add the "FAKE" new angle, most major stations CNN, NBC, etc are acknowleding that the jersey was stolen but one FAKE new you tube person is claiming that the jersey was found.  What is up with all these "FAKE" news stories.

I just hate the way this "nation" is going, the alternative facts, just straight out lying, what is next.  I'd love to hear your comments.

@Happiness Is Inside JOB

Frankly, I'm shocked anyone really cares .... it's a stupid shirt, and he's probably given many shirts away over the years.  Which means, how could anyone tell if any of his shirts floating around are THE shirt ... or some other Brady shirt?   They had no special markings on them.

I do think it's possible that whoever took it didn't think it was that big a deal.   What's the actual cost .... about $44.95?

As for what is the world coming to, I think we have bigger problems with all the lying being reported on the evening news.  Now THAT is a real problem.

Enough with the Jersey-gate nonsense!

Trusted Contributor

Wow....so much hate.   SMH.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

Wow....so much hate.   SMH.

I hear ya. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

It's a shirt. Law enforcement have much much important things to be doing than looking for a missing shirt. I just can't muster any outrage over this. Sure stealing is wrong blah blah blah. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I don't see any hate here at all, just indifference.  

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Do you know what is sad?  Athletes often auction them off for charity.  The money could have went to help St Jude or some other organization. It's amazing to me that they dont have better security in the locker rooms. 

@GSPgirl

Yep, could have been auctioned off for charity, but would it have been?

hummm.....

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I don't see any hate here at all, just indifference.  

@tansy

Well, you see it your way & I see it my way.    

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

I can't believe the venom being aimed at Brady over this.  The fact is, the person who took it is a thief and very well knew what he was doing.

Stealing is a crime.  (Last time I heard.)

It doesn't matter whether it was an item of his from his locker or an item of yours from your car or your home.  It's a crime and, once reported, needs to be treated like any other crime.

If you think it doesn't deserve that treatment, you're condoning theft.  So next time someone robs you, don't expect the police to waste their time investigating.

And what about this makes anyone feel entitled to accuse him of not being charitable?  How would any of those posters who dragged that into this thread know that?  It has nothing to do with the topic.

Sounds like a lot of uncalled for vitriol.  I didn't watch the Super Bowl, I'm not a football fall, but having been the victim of a burglary myself, I know what a horrible feeling it is.  Tom Brady deserves the benefit of the law, the same as I and any other victim, whether you like him or not.

And, yes, we all know there are many more important things going on in the world.  And that's never going to change!

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I doubt Mr. Brady will miss his jersey. I wonder who instigated the search?

He does very much. It was extremely sentimental to him. 

Surely he must own more than one! I can't imagine that an athlete of his ranks owns only one.