Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

People place their own value on things they own.  It was a theft of probably the most valuable sports collectable to date.  It is said at auction, it will go for $500,000 at least.  It's the significance of the shirt that makes it valuable.   Tom Brady is one of the greats, it was the first overtime Super Bowl, the greatest comeback ever in a Super Bowl history...Brady's fifth ring and sure to go to The Hall of Fame...Brady doesn't need the money or the shirt but the significance, to him, is that his mom has been fighting cancer and he dedicated that game to her.  if someone reached into your bag and stole $500,000 or stole a sentimental, expensive piece of Judith R jewelry would that be ok?  The FBI was called in as the shirt was traced out of the Country....theft of a valuable item is a crime....

Esteemed Contributor

Heard this morning it was located in Mexico and is being returned. 

Was it just more sensationalism to keep the Superbowl and the win going on and on? 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Wow had not heard they found the Jersey. Does it say how the person was able to get close enough to steal the jersey?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Wow had not heard they found the Jersey. Does it say how the person was able to get close enough to steal the jersey?

No, just that the FBI and Mexican L.E. were looking into it.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

more info via sports illustrated......

The FBI got involved in the investigation because the jersey was found outside of the United States.

"Through the cooperation of the NFL and New England Patriots' security teams, the FBI and other law enforcement authorities, the Super Bowl LI jersey worn last month by MVP Tom Brady has been recovered. Also retrieved during the ongoing investigation was the jersey Brady wore in the Patriots' victory in Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks in 2015. The items were found in the possession of a credentialed member of the international media. Due to the ongoing investigation, we would refer any additional questions to the FBI," the NFL said in a statement.

The jerseys, according to the Fox Sports report, are being returned to the team. Houston police said the jerseys was found in Mexico.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Hadn't heard that either

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The FBI has  considerably more serious and important things to investigate besides the stolen Jersey of some millionaire sports prima dona. Sorry, I can't get worked up over Brady's lost jersey or his deflated footballs. In addition, I could not possibly care less about any stolen jerseys of my Seahawks. They are all good athletes, not Mother Teresas.

Honored Contributor

RainyDayGirl wrote:

The FBI has  considerably more serious and important things to investigate besides the stolen Jersey of some millionaire sports prima dona. Sorry, I can't get worked up over Brady's lost jersey or his deflated footballs. In addition, I could not possibly care less about any stolen jerseys of my Seahawks. They are all good athletes, not Mother Teresas.

Yeah, really!    That whole thing is lost on me completely.  If somebody stole my car and drove it out of the country, does anybody think the FBI would be on it?   The answer is no.

Sure, it's not worth the perceived value of this item of clothing but still.   The value of that item is not concrete, as the actual monetary value is more like what it would cost at retail to purchase a jersey-type shirt, to be realistic.   Its loss doesn't cause anybody to die or anything.

I just don't get why the FBI would be wasting their time on something like this.  It's mind-boggling.