Honored Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

@JaneMarple wrote:

If the Patriots had played the Giants in the Super Bowl we wouldn't be having this conversation since Brady can't seem to win against them in the big game. LOL

I think the big game is the Super Bowl?  No?  That's the way I've always thought of it!

Honored Contributor

@skuggles wrote:

Sports Illustrated says the jersey is the property of the Patriots and the NFL, fwiw.

"Technically, Brady does not own the jersey, as it is the property of the Patriots and the NFL. Brady, however, would have been able to keep it as a cherished memento from his fifth Super Bowl victory."

Has a team ever taken away a player's jersey that they wore during a championship game?  I don't think so.  It became his property once the game ended.  

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

If the Patriots had played the Giants in the Super Bowl we wouldn't be having this conversation since Brady can't seem to win against them in the big game. LOL

I think the big game is the Super Bowl?  No?  That's the way I've always thought of it!

We lost to them by four points in 2012. And we've won two since. It's a non-issue. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

omg--can i tell you how much I don't care about Bradys stinky, smelly, nasty jersey and how I find the TX rangers investigating this " horrendous" crime a waste of taxpayers $$. I'm sure there are some real criminals out there that have robbed, raped and murdered, far more important than a piece of clothing---makes me crazy that sports takes on more meaning than real crimes!!!!! I hope whoever has the stupid thing burns it!!!!

Can I tell you how much I wouldn't mind having his stinky, smelly, nasty jersey...

Woman Surprised

As for charity, since invariably some folks had to question the Brady generosity quotient, both he and his wife have done quite a bit for causes that are important to them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Princess Diana's wedding dress, To Kill a Mockingbird original manuscript, Mark Spitz Olympic medals, The Wizard of Oz ruby slippers, etc. Things represent history, achievements, human condition. Isn't that why we have the Smithsonian?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

So why weren't the Giants in the Super Bowl?  Did they get defeated somewhere along the way?

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Julie_23 wrote:

I heard this and thought it was interesting.  It was just someone on TV's opinion/thought.  I do not know this as fact.  But, usually his locker is apparently guarded by many security people so it would be difficult to be stolen as it is continually watched.  So, the thought was that someone on the inside did it.  Perhaps Brady even.  There was some mention of having to turn in the jersey to Goodell (no idea if that's something they do for keepsake or something), and he didn't want to do it.

Again, just found it very interesting.  (I have not been a Brady fan, though, since he destroyed his cell phone.)

His locker is continually watched? That's just bizarre. So someone doesn't even trust their fellow players and staff apparently. Not sure who made the decision. 

That isn't even true.  Where do all these ridiculous rumors come from?

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

So why weren't the Giants in the Super Bowl?  Did they get defeated somewhere along the way?

Many times, but I heard on the Internet, that Tom Brady had a hand in it.  

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Julie_23 wrote:

I heard this and thought it was interesting.  It was just someone on TV's opinion/thought.  I do not know this as fact.  But, usually his locker is apparently guarded by many security people so it would be difficult to be stolen as it is continually watched.  So, the thought was that someone on the inside did it.  Perhaps Brady even.  There was some mention of having to turn in the jersey to Goodell (no idea if that's something they do for keepsake or something), and he didn't want to do it.

Again, just found it very interesting.  (I have not been a Brady fan, though, since he destroyed his cell phone.)

His locker is continually watched? That's just bizarre. So someone doesn't even trust their fellow players and staff apparently. Not sure who made the decision. 

That isn't even true.  Where do all these ridiculous rumors come from?

Someone read it online, so therefore, it must be true!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mystery Solved!!!  Lol

I stole Tom Brady's super bowl jersey and I'm gonna sleep with it every night so his greatness rubs off!! Don't tell him though

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~