Valued Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

I feel bad someone stole his jersey.    That's a piece of history right there.    

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I heard this and thought it was interesting.  It was just someone on TV's opinion/thought.  I do not know this as fact.  But, usually his locker is apparently guarded by many security people so it would be difficult to be stolen as it is continually watched.  So, the thought was that someone on the inside did it.  Perhaps Brady even.  There was some mention of having to turn in the jersey to Goodell (no idea if that's something they do for keepsake or something), and he didn't want to do it.

Again, just found it very interesting.  (I have not been a Brady fan, though, since he destroyed his cell phone.)

Honored Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Okay, the theft of the shirt may be an important sports story. But the OP and a couple others seem to see this as some great symbol of the downfall of society. I think that is way overly dramatic, especially given the issues we are facing that could indeed have dire consequences.

This all just goes to show the difference in peoples perception of the same subject. I think many replies to the OP are overly dramatic. Firstly because she has a right to express her opinion on a subject others find silly and secondly because most of us can digest a little story like hers without losing sight of the really important things that are happening in the world. I see nothing wrong with a little light-hearted diversion.

@cody2, I think that I saw only one reply that might qualify as overly dramatic. Most of the replies seemed to indicate lack of interest or or that the poster didn't seem to think that it rose to the level indicated in the opening post, which was anything but light-hearted.

I agree that it's a worthy thread in and of itself, especially as a diversion from the serious stuff.

@suzyQ3 we really only disagree on one small issue in your reply above. I am sensitive to new posters being challenged on such a benign subject. I see that she feels strongly about what she said. She asked for comments and I see nothing wrong with comments that don't agree with her. I draw the line when it becomes personal and suggests that she shouldn't feel strongly about or even BRING this subject to the boards. It bothers me when I see that happen. It can be hurtful to new posters. End of subject for me on this thread. I think we understand each other a little better now. No?

@cody2, I didn't even notice the OP's status. Yes, I think we do understand each other on this topic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

I heard this and thought it was interesting.  It was just someone on TV's opinion/thought.  I do not know this as fact.  But, usually his locker is apparently guarded by many security people so it would be difficult to be stolen as it is continually watched.  So, the thought was that someone on the inside did it.  Perhaps Brady even.  There was some mention of having to turn in the jersey to Goodell (no idea if that's something they do for keepsake or something), and he didn't want to do it.

Again, just found it very interesting.  (I have not been a Brady fan, though, since he destroyed his cell phone.)

Would you please share where you get your facts regarding that the locker is "apparently guarded?"

and I highly doubt that Brady would hand his jersey over to Goodell!   Why would he do that????   

Arghhh...the C...P that gets posted online these days!!

Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@Julie_23 wrote:

Would you please share where you get your facts regarding that the locker is "apparently guarded?"

and I highly doubt that Brady would hand his jersey over to Goodell!   Why would he do that????   

Arghhh...the C...P that gets posted online these days!!

She's saying that she read somewhere that Brady hid it so he wouldn't have to give the jersey to Goodell.  That's how I took her post at least...shrug.

Honored Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

A piece of history? It's not the magna carta

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

His locker is continually watched? That's just bizarre. So someone doesn't even trust their fellow players and staff apparently. Not sure who made the decision. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

@Julie_23

Must've been the Cartoon Network

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Bri21 wrote:

A piece of history? It's not the magna carta

No, it's not. But it is the most valuable piece of NFL memorabilia, probably ever. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

Hi september. It only took a few minutes of research to find that the jersey belongs to Brady. It would be his choice to surrender it to the Hall of Fame, give it to his mother or hang in his bathroom. But like he said...he has the RING. LOL. It is all about the bling!