Trusted Contributor

Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

I know this is not the sports board.  I am posting this here as a "what has the world come to" statement.  Tom Jersey's super bowl jersey was stolen in the locker room. Can anyone actually have the NERVE to do such a thing.

What has happened to the morals in america.  Now I'm not trying to debate the rights and wrongs of the Patriots or the NFL.  I'm just saying as one person to another, why would I even "THINK" it was "OKAY" to take his jersey. You know it had to be either security, medical staff, even a team mate on the team.  And you know what is going to happen, in a few weeks, a Lawyer is going to contact the NFL and want to return the jersey anonymously for their client.  We may never get to know who really did this terrible act.

Also to add the "FAKE" new angle, most major stations CNN, NBC, etc are acknowleding that the jersey was stolen but one FAKE new you tube person is claiming that the jersey was found.  What is up with all these "FAKE" news stories.

I just hate the way this "nation" is going, the alternative facts, just straight out lying, what is next.  I'd love to hear your comments.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Brady's Stolen Jersey - What in the WORLD

I think that with all of the wrongs that are perpetrated every day, I can't get excited about the loss of Brady's jersey. Sorry.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't know why a person would steal or take this jersey...they could never sell or display it. The person responsible must be twisted.

Respected Contributor

It's greed, pure and simple - that shirt is worth a lot money. 

I really hope they catch the culprit. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

indoor kitty wrote:

I think that with all of the wrongs that are perpetrated every day, I can't get excited about the loss of Brady's jersey. Sorry.

I think everyone who has a thought or comment about this jersey theft realize that the world has more serious issues to deal with -- including Mr. Brady.  That said, stealing is actually something where we shouldn't be arguing about where it falls in the big picture of the world.  It's criminally and morally wrong, and I don't think I'm alone in feeling this way.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for not conflating the major, professional news networks with fake news! We must be discriminating consumers of news, as you suggest. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I guess I'm in the I Don't Care camp.  Yes, stealing is wrong.  With that, I agree.  But I'm not going to lose sleep over this.  Too many other important things to be concerned about right now.

Honored Contributor

omg--can i tell you how much I don't care about Bradys stinky, smelly, nasty jersey and how I find the TX rangers investigating this " horrendous" crime a waste of taxpayers $$. I'm sure there are some real criminals out there that have robbed, raped and murdered, far more important than a piece of clothing---makes me crazy that sports takes on more meaning than real crimes!!!!! I hope whoever has the stupid thing burns it!!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

omg--can i tell you how much I don't care about Bradys stinky, smelly, nasty jersey and how I find the TX rangers investigating this " horrendous" crime a waste of taxpayers $$. I'm sure there are some real criminals out there that have robbed, raped and murdered, far more important than a piece of clothing---makes me crazy that sports takes on more meaning than real crimes!!!!! I hope whoever has the stupid thing burns it!!!!

@wagirl Thanks you put it much better than I did. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I don't know why a person would steal or take this jersey...they could never sell or display it. The person responsible must be twisted.

Or just plain stupid. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )