Honored Contributor

Re: Brady and Bundchen’s divorce is finalized.

@manny2 wrote:

@bikerbabe wrote:
Giselle is known for having a pretty volatile temper.

I highly doubt their marriage ended because he came back to play this season. More likely, they’ve been having problems for a long time.

I agree @bikerbabe 

I will agree with both of you @manny2 and @bikerbabe . I don't think this happened as suddenly as it seemed to.

I've never been much of a Giselle fan for many reasons, but I will say when we saw them in public, most of the time they were with their THREE children, not just two. They, together with Bridget and her husband, seemed to be a perfect family.

I thought Bridget's tweet was interesting: 

"Not everything is meant to be mended. Not all relationships are meant to last a lifetime. Sometimes we have to learn to get comfortable with the gifts that are offered through ruptures and the endings instead of the stories of repair and reconciliation."

Honored Contributor

I admit that I thought this was just publicity at first, but I guess it's actually factual.  The press is acting like - boom - they're divorced.  Obviously, we know it doesn't happen that fast.  This has been in the works for quite some time and even more so by the fact that they both have substantial assets.  Divorce is a painful thing and most especially when there are children.  Who knows what all led to this, but as the saying goes -- it takes two.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I just can't imagine two ego's like their's residing in one house ....

Honored Contributor

Lots of non famous couples have two big egos residing in one house
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

One thing I do know, both Tom & Giselle are good parents and love their children. They will do what is best for them and staying together in an unhappy environment is not healthy for children either. This doesn’t seem to be a nasty divorce tho amicable might be stretching it. Clearly, it affects Tom & his pain is public & visible as we see him a lot during football season.

I do think Giselle expects to spend a lot of time in Brazil as she has multiple businesses there & she’s involved with environmental issues facing her homeland. Her family is there as well. I think this will be TB’s last year playing & it’s time but he will still be involved with the game. It’s his passion. The simple explanation that they’ve grown apart is probably true. I think the marriage has been in trouble for a while & they can enjoy both their passions & both be good parents. Their children will not suffer. They were a beautiful couple & maybe who knows they may even reunite at some point. They were in love once & probably still are.
Valued Contributor

You are right @Stray  Half of all marriages end in divorce so I'm never surprised when people split up. We all have a 50 50 chance of staying together long term.

Honored Contributor

@Stelladorable wrote:

You are right @Stray  Half of all marriages end in divorce so I'm never surprised when people split up. We all have a 50 50 chance of staying together long term.

@Stelladorable 

That's the statistic for first marriages.  Second marriages and those with stepchildren - blended families - often take a harder hit.  The statistic is closer to 60% divorce rate for them.

Trusted Contributor

Not contesting the divorce papers shows agreement of the terms by both parties. The agreement has been submitted in court. Divorce is finalized by a court order.

Saying it is "finalized" at this point is not accurate. They reached a final agreement. The lawyers submitted it or filed it. They're still married until a judge says they're divorced. Then it's a finalized divorce. 

it isn't just fussy words or a technicality that I'm directing attention to. A finalized divorce is a legal event that unbinds the two in accordance with their agreement only by the Judge's approval. These two are currently married. 

Trusted Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Not contesting the divorce papers shows agreement of the terms by both parties. The agreement has been submitted in court. Divorce is finalized by a court order.

Saying it is "finalized" at this point is not accurate. They reached a final agreement. The lawyers submitted it or filed it. They're still married until a judge says they're divorced. Then it's a finalized divorce. 

it isn't just fussy words or a technicality that I'm directing attention to. A finalized divorce is a legal event that unbinds the two in accordance with their agreement only by the Judge's approval. These two are currently married. 

No, they are not married. The judge has issued a decree of divorce.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

Good for them that they were able to do it in a quick and pretty quiet manner, hopefully minimizing publicity that their children would be exposed to.