Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brady and Bundchen’s divorce is finalized.

I have met and seen TB with his kids. He is not a “spoiled brat” & has a tremendous work ethic. He’s soft spoken and a great Dad & Giselle by all accounts a great Mom. Some people are better apart than together. He retired & who knows why he returned to football. He has a lucrative job awaiting him on Fox Sports & could have avoided sitting in a tub of ice after every game if he quit.

Tom has a temper when he’s frustrated but by all accounts players like him & are honored to play on his team. TB gets frustrated but mostly with himself.

We don’t know the story but Tom did not chose football over family or Giselle. Something occurred to make him change his mind & we may never know as they are a class act & the reasons or details will not be played out publicly

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stray wrote:
I have met and seen TB with his kids. He is not a “spoiled brat” & has a tremendous work ethic. He’s soft spoken and a great Dad & Giselle by all accounts a great Mom. Some people are better apart than together. He retired & who knows why he returned to football. He has a lucrative job awaiting him on Fox Sports & could have avoided sitting in a tub of ice after every game if he quit.

Tom has a temper when he’s frustrated but by all accounts players like him & are honored to play on his team. TB gets frustrated but mostly with himself.

We don’t know the story but Tom did not chose football over family or Giselle. Something occurred to make him change his mind & we may never know as they are a class act & the reasons or details will not be played out publicly

Deflate gate

Respected Contributor

He has lost three games in a row. Perhaps he has been a bit preoccupied.

Respected Contributor

It seems he decided to make football his priority rather than his family. He has 7 Super Bowl rings. How many does just one person need? Sure won't be getting one this season with the way his team is playing. I read that he has been lecturing his teammates  about how their job is to make things easier for him on the field so he can win. Not much of a team spirit...ou ds more like a prima Dona.

Esteemed Contributor

Pretty sad for the children.  Obviously, he chose being in the spotlight over his children!!!

Just another super rich, egotistical man who's never grown up.

Regular Contributor

Stray-agree totally and although haven't met either, followed Tom for years with Patriots and presently follow him now with Bucs.  If humanity cannot go beyond appearances and live only at the horizontal level the deeper I and essence of the vertical is totally missed. Both Tom and Gisele's essence is what's true and I feel much compassion and empathy for both as their form identities unfold 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

According to ESPN, he has not signed a contract with Fox or anyone else for a job after retirement, but he has had offers from Fox and some other networks. 

Esteemed Contributor

In another case of "I have read"...I have read that she has threatened to leave before and never actually does.   Also that she found out he had "unretired" when and the same way everybody else did.  If either is true that could be why it was such an immediate end.  The last straw.

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Giselle is known for having a pretty volatile temper.

I highly doubt their marriage ended because he came back to play this season. More likely, they’ve been having problems for a long time.

I agree @bikerbabe 

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

I did read a story that She wanted him to retire before he gets seriously injured.  Also he signed a contract to be a broadcaster so would still be away from home during football season.  

His life revolved around football from work out regime to diet.  He has been the absolute king of his football life while she gave up most of her career to raise the kids.

I do know it takes two to make or break a marriage.  As always the kids are the ones that are affected more than the adults.  I hope they are supported by both parents.

@mspatmac 

It may take two to make a marriage ... but it only take one person to break it.  No matter how much someone wants the marriage to work, if the other isn't committed, it's going to end.

At this point, here's what I think happened to them:

Brady retired.

They worked on their marriage and realized it was over.

They decided to divorce.

Tom figured he might as well get back in the game while she gets the legal affairs in order.

Tom is back at work, and it is announced they are ending it and Giselle is talking to lawyers.

The decision was made during his "retirement" and announced later.

JMO, of course.