Honored Contributor

Re: Brady and Bundchen’s divorce is finalized.

occasionalrain, your thought might be the reality the two faced.  I never even looked at his retirement that way.  Your idea might be exactly what happened.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I've never cared for her.

I get the impression, in my opinion, that she's a nasty piece of work to live with.

Go Tom!  Run! Run! Run Away!

@Johnnyeager 

Funny, I always thought Tom was the difficult one.  Based on his career progress, I'm pretty sure he thought that anything he wants, he gets.  Dealing with a husband with that attitude can be tedious.

Giselle & Leonardo Di Caprio were together for at least 5 years, if I recall correctly, so she has been in stable relationships.

Who knows ....  since 50% of all marriages end in divorce ... and that's the ones who bother to end bad relationships ...  perhaps the relationship had just run its course.

Honored Contributor

Giselle is known for having a pretty volatile temper.

I highly doubt their marriage ended because he came back to play this season. More likely, they’ve been having problems for a long time.
Honored Contributor

Tom Brady has displayed a very volatile temper on the football field over the course of his long career. Yelling at teammates very loudly, smashed tablets, and more.

He has a very carefully cultivated public image, no one knows what he's like to be married to but Gisele. She reportedly went to a divorce lawyer when he played for the Patriots.

Only they know the truth, I just hope things can be ok for their young kids
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

So I guess money can't buy happiness.....

Honored Contributor

I have experience in relationships with guys who play sports at a pretty high level. Don’t assume that yelling at teammates on the field translates to how someone acts in their personal life. Two totally different worlds. Some guys can’t separate the two but don’t assume that is the case.
Honored Contributor

Short, sweet and quiet.  Best left done.

Respected Contributor

People marry for a variety of reasons. People divorce for a variety of reasons. The details are usually only know to the two people involved, and even among them the details can be murky.

Honored Contributor

When he decided to unretire he made his choice,

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Well, since none of us knows what's really been going on in that marriage, if a "side" had to be picked, I'm leaning toward Giselle.

What I have observed in life is that when women have small children they do everything they can to provide stability ... including compromises in the marriage.  

However ... no child should grow up in a war zone.   

If divorce will make the children's home more peaceful and stable, then divorce is the way to go.