Honored Contributor

Re: Boyfriend of Missing, Pregnant Maryland Teacher Charged with Her Murder

There is a special place in Hell for people like this. 

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

I just want to say that there is conflicting info out there regarding the boyfriend and the "relationships" of his as well as his employment, where he lived, etc. Many of us are waiting till the smoke clears in order for the facts to come out about him and everything else. I've read 5 different news articles and info didn't match in all 5. 

He's scum, THAT, there is NO doubt about.

Honored Contributor

he has been denied a bond earlier today.

here is some more updated information about the case from about an hour ago provided by WMAR TV in the maryland area.

http://www.abc2news.com/news/crime-checker/howard-co-teacher-s-boyfriend-father-of-child-charged-wit...

Wallen was last seen with Tessier on September 2 at a Safeway store in Olney.

On September 7, reports came in that a Gramercy Place apartment complex employee had found Wallen's license in front of a dumpster a couple days earlier. After realizing whose license it was, they called police. 

Police then found Wallen's car, but the front license plate had been removed. 

Police had interview Tessier multiple times while Wallen was missing. Police say each interview had conflicting statements regarding Wallen's disappearance. During questioning, he did admit that he was engaged to another woman. 

Tessier also admitted to throwing away Wallen's phone and driver's license in a dumpster, and removing her license plate from her car.

Detectives found a friend of Tessier who admitted he drove him to the apartment complex where Wallen's car was found, and was told to lie to police if they asked about it. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

If you saw the Montgomery PD conference last night at 8, they mentioned that he took her to a field and it creeped her out.  She texted her sister about it and the sister told her to take a picture, which she did.  Word on the news is that they were able to use the coordinates in the photo to find the area where he had taken her.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This "guy" becomes more despicable by the minute.  On tonight's news (this is a local news story for us), they reported that he asked another woman to marry him (guess it was the one he was living with) immediately after Laura told him she was pregnant.  But what baffles me is that he then asked Laura's father for his blessing to marry Laura.  Disconnected from reality or consequences?

Laura's father said that it was the hardest thing in the world for her mother to hold that serpent's (my word) hand during the news conference when the parents knew the boyfriend was the prime suspect.

Father also stated that this fellow was the only thing the family and Laura ever fought about.  Her sister said that the couple had a troubled relationship that started seven years ago.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:
This. Look at their faces when he's speaking....

One of my boys had her as a teacher. My MIL knew her as she (MIL) volunteers at the HS; it's within walking distance from their home. My husband went there.  The whole community is reeling. 

Another "may he rot in Hell" scumbag.  Bet he didn't want to be a daddy and I DO hope they charge him with the murder of their child. Our whole community does.

@SahmIam  I am so sorry your family and community is struggling with this tragedy........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScarletDove Thank you. : )  My son is shocked (as you can imagine he and other students would be). MIL is sad but also angry and wants revenge.....like everyone else in the area does.

One of the things that just angers me SO MUCH about this situation is the fact that neither woman knew about the other. The scum was homeless; he didn't own jack. He bounced between the women and each woman thought she was the only one. Do you know how many women I have known/worked with over the years that were in the exact same situation?! I've had family members in that situation. You never really know..... I wonder if the parents had that "feeling" in their gut about him being a loser. My heart goes out to them and the rest of her family and close friends. So senseless, so stupid, so wrong what he did to her.

The apartments where they found her car are quite nice; I remember when they were built. Off topic, but they were built on wetlands and there were so many hearings about them going up. Today, they wouldn't be able to be there but back then, you could grease many a palm with money so the eyes would look away....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just saw all of this on the news this evening.  Good grief!  It's amazing to me that people can't just end a relationship or a marriage.  

They seem to think the only way is to kill the other person.  Sometimes it seems like a human life doesn't mean as much as it used to.  It seems to happen so often anymore.

I live next door to Washington, DC.  People settle their problems by shooting each other.  My ADT guy was telling me that the other day he was wiring a building in DC and he heard gunshots and ducked.  When he raised his head up and looked around he saw two guys actually shooting at each other.  Then suddenly he and the others were surrounded by police.  Unbelievable!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam wrote:

@ScarletDove Thank you. : )  My son is shocked (as you can imagine he and other students would be). MIL is sad but also angry and wants revenge.....like everyone else in the area does.

One of the things that just angers me SO MUCH about this situation is the fact that neither woman knew about the other. The scum was homeless; he didn't own jack. He bounced between the women and each woman thought she was the only one. Do you know how many women I have known/worked with over the years that were in the exact same situation?! I've had family members in that situation. You never really know..... I wonder if the parents had that "feeling" in their gut about him being a loser. My heart goes out to them and the rest of her family and close friends. So senseless, so stupid, so wrong what he did to her.

The apartments where they found her car are quite nice; I remember when they were built. Off topic, but they were built on wetlands and there were so many hearings about them going up. Today, they wouldn't be able to be there but back then, you could grease many a palm with money so the eyes would look away....

@SahmIam  I live in MoCo also, south from you this side of DC, so I know of what you speak re: greasing palms--still happening!   I am sure you heard the other day that the Lyons' sisters murder from 1975 was closed.  I live a mile from Wheaton Plaza and my kids were 6 & 4 when these girls were abducted. 

I live just blocks from where the Beltway Sniper murdered a woman at the Shell station while parked at the Safeway, during their murder spree in the MD/VA area.  So we are aware of some of the heinous crimes that have occurred in this area.  We all need to be aware and observant and pay close attention to what and who is around us at all times without being fearful.  The Lyon sisters abduction changed the way we allowed our children to freely play without supervision; it changed the way I looked at strangers; refusing to go to Wheaton Plaza with my kids. These children were never found, no clues, nothing until info surfaced over the last year.  The Lyons waited 40 years for word about their 2 girls.

Always diligent during the Sniper saga, looking over my shoulder for such a long time. It takes a while to build back that strength again. We unfortunately do have  hidden creeps like this guy out there who so violently murdered Laura Wallen and her baby, when one of our known violent problems in this county is MS-13....

Thank you for all the information on Ms. Wallen and again I am so sorry your family, her family and the school and community up your way who is suffering.  She will rest in peace now and we can all pray for her and her baby.  Please take care of yourself Sahmiam.......