Honored Contributor

Re: Boy this is Annoying -- Excessive Robocalls this week😠🤬🤯

@SouthernBee 

hahaha The Federal Student Loan "department" called today to remind her there are funds available for her to continue her education😂😂😂.

Of course, I'd never answer her phone -- not my business I hear the messages on her machine.

SS must be desperate to talk to her...the calls just keeping calling today.

My sense of adventure is weaning...not from the calls but that I'm so ready to go home😉 and my life!

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree 

I never said in my post it was a problem -- other posters deemed it one!!!

I do not answer her phone goes to answering machine.

She has macular but has not been classified as yet.  Don't even get me started ...she still drives🤬🤬🤬.  I cringe when she says "I drive slow my biggest problem is I can't see dark colored cars".  Omg no words for what I'm thinking😳😳😳

Honored Contributor

@Financialgrl : Been there. Turned 65 in July and for the last 8 months- excessive phone calls for Medicare insurance, knee and back brace, hearing aids. Excessive junk mail including offers for life insurance, prepaid funeral service- already completed several years ago, plus will and medical care.Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady 

Thank you for your kind words: you certainly know my friend!  She hates to "ask" for any help & tells her kids "ok if your busy".

I just told her & her dr I am leaving to go home.  He asked me what plans she has -- I gave him her kids #.

My mistake (to not make them responsible) was coming for her but of course, I would not let her go thru it alone. 

Honored Contributor

@mom2four wrote:

Actually, they have been terrible for everybody!!! I had this one number calling all day long, the name on ID said OPINION.

Then I had 5 back to back voicemail messages, something about cancer, but not a person, a robo. 2 messages from same place the next day.

They call the house phone and the cell phone. They call mine and my kids. I don't think anyone is safe. 

The calls are coming from all different states, per the id. And I very rarely pick up the phone. 

@mom2four 

This is something I found out---I had thought that the FTC only allowed calls from charities,  political calls, and calls from companies in which you have an association with.  HOWEVER, those idiots at the FTC  also allowed SURVEY CALLS!!!  🤬  So hence perhaps that is why you caller ID showed OPINION......

A friend of mine kept getting Survey calls regarding timeshares and when she finally answered and told the lady she was violating the no call list, the woman told her Surveys are acceptable....Both her and I checked out the FTC website and she is right.....GRRRRRR we have enough robo and scam calls already and 2020 is an election year...its only going to get worse....😫

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

The robocalls have gotten way excessive here too- both landlines and both cellphones.  I have my phone hooked up to a fax machine and let it pick up the calls plus blocking is a must.

A few months ago I had one from the Sheriff's office in Provo, UT..  called them (explained about the call) and the officer that answer said, "We are so sorry, our number has been spoofed." 

It really is getting out of control.

@Suziepeach 

These scammers will spoof anyone and everyone, its sad when they spoof hospitals ....you think a family/friend got sick or had an accident....whose not going to pick that one up.....These scammers are crooks and downright EVIL!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

You are a very special person.........I applaud you for caring and doing that act of kindness for a friend....

Honored Contributor

Just when I thought they had died out they started again.....

I dont answer either landline or cell and let answering machine/voice mail pick it up...usually it's just one ring and they are gone.....BUT boy those one ring calls have increased and call blocker on my cell isnt working that great either or wont work on spoofed numbers:

Got an interesting one.....wanted to help me reduce or forgive my student loan....Gee this must've been one heck of a GIGANTIC student loan if it was still ongoing after all these long years since I graduated from college....😄  Obvious scam....didnt answer nor call back the number with my case#.....

Another call was regarding my vehicle registration....wasn't that nice of the DMV to call me...I thought they had enough work to keep them busy....SCAM!  Didnt answer, their message was promptly deleted! 

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  I hope you contacted her adult children and they have time to help make arrangements for their mother. She needs care when she returns home to recouperate and then there will be PT, meals, and so much more.

If she's relunctant to ask for any help, certainly you had the chance to help her in that manner. I'm worried about your friend. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady 

Thank you for your concern it's obvious she accepts them for what they are🙄.

I called the son today & told him she was coming home.  He said "thanks for letting me know."  He also told me he bought her a "smartphone" and put the Lyft & Uber app so she could call them if she needed rides.  

For once, I was speechless & bit my tongue -- hung up on him.

Then called her daughter -- never called me back 🤷‍♀️

I did speak to social worker & frankly, she said my friend could work it out.  This rehab center is staffed with poor staff IMO.

I did what I was asked and now  time for me to step away!  This is not the first incident so I'm sure she's accepted the situation.

Thanks again!!!