Honored Contributor

Re: Boy this is Annoying -- Excessive Robocalls this week😠🤬🤯

@Allegheny wrote:

@homedecor1 

I want to echo @KingstonsMom It is a wonderful thing you are doing for your friend.  You both are special people to be there for each other.

I'd like to second this @Allegheny .  Here Here!!

@homedecor1 what you're doing for your friend is a wonderful thing, you both are special people to be there for one another. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Yes, the past couple of weeks the calls have been excessive! Both on my landline as well as my Cell.....It is so annoying, they just keep changing numbers, once you block, they come through the very next day on another number........So Annoying. I don't ever answer them though......

Honored Contributor

If you aren't answering the phone, what's the probem?  Delete them and forget about them.  This is the world we live in now, it's the new normal.  You friend is slammed with junk calls because answers junk calls.  The more you answer, the more you get.  If your friend is legally blind (as my sister is) she should be in touch with her local Commission for the Blind. There are assistive devices that can help her, including phones.   

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I do not answer those type of calls but I wonder when a call goes to my answering machine doesn't that indicate a live phone?  I know sometimes they leave messages, sometimes they disconnect the ring before the answering feature takes effect.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@Kachina624  I do not answer those type of calls but I wonder when a call goes to my answering machine doesn't that indicate a live phone?  I know sometimes they leave messages, sometimes they disconnect the ring before the answering feature takes effect.

I am not sure but from what I have heard/read the robo is dial 1000s of calls and if no one picks up after xx rings will go to next and wait for a response. 

99% of the junk calls disconnect as soon as the machine takes it. 

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

I wondered that as well, because after  X amount of rings, my voice mail kicks in, on both my cell and landline. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 : You are a special friend  and helping others. I have the red button call blocker and a Panasonic phone with call block button on the hand set. New call received today from Laton, California. Of course didn’t answer. Message was left and the lady was very friendly. She indicated that she was concerned about my student loan debt and wanted to offer help to eliminate the debt and stress. Ok- I am 65 and still dealing with student loans!!!??? Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

I got 3 calls in one day (on answering machine) concerning my SS# being used fradulently or something like that, what is going on with these scams!

Respected Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Have been getting these calls since I went on Medicare. I think they are related to that and they try and target seniors. Guess they think we are easily scammed...I block all these calls  but new ones just keep coming. Today I got one and the caller ID said it was from Russia. Guess even Putin is selling stuff now!😉 I have been getting almost a dozen a day. I was in the hospital for two days of tests last week....afterwards is when the number of calls skyrocketed. Any connection?

I have Verizon and their free nomorobo service for my landline where it rings once, shows as spam then stops and has curtailed a lot of calls.   However, lately phone rings much more and was wondering why - suspect your post answers that question.  I am 64 and will be eligible for Medicare in 7 months.  I've also been getting a lot of emails and FB posts about signing up for Medicare and all the available plans.  I click on them and ALL want your name and telephone number in order to proceed.  Doing so just opens everyone up to nonstop calls.   

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I am staying at my older friends house while she is in rehab from her recent surgery.

I counted just today 11 back to back calls from ROBOCALLERS. here's the line-up :

7 calls all within 5 minutes of each other: Supposedly, SS administration stating she is not going to receive her benefits unless she "calls this # immediately and the call ends with .... call this department with your information immediately" YEAH RIGHT SCAMMERS ...😠

2 calls from Wells Fargo Finance Department -- her mortgage payment information needs updating. Message: "make sure you have your banking info when you call "our" call bank center" .  of course SCAM she has no mortgage🤬

2 calls back to back from UNKNOWN regarding her credit cards to lower interest rates.  SCAM!🤬

Yesterday, one of those your grandson is in trouble.  Needs you to call this number.  She has no grandchildren!!! ugh😠

Her phone rings all day long!  This is ridiculous ... I asked her if she ever answers the phone when they call.  She said "yes as she has macular degeneration of the eyes and can't see the caller ID".

This is driving me crazy ...of course, I don't answer but they left messages!

I wonder if they target a certain age group!  Or because she's answered they just redial her # in hopes she is off guard😠😠😠😠

E231630   is your answer and on sale...............