Honored Contributor

Might be retooling the boards too. Build up security, working on the system,etc.

Honored Contributor

Re: Boy, the boards

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh goodness @SharkE for a change this hasn't impacted me as I haven't experienced any system problems or delays . . . Smiley Sad

For the record, I have a rather old laptop and am not posting on a more advance device.

Santy bought me a new Apple Mac Mini with a faster SDD think that means hard drive, but, anyway, it's the 8GB 1TB model and it's usually zip a roo, today, I think I'm back in the sticks on dial up LOL

I was signed in briefly early today.   I haven't seen any problems.   @SharkE, If this site seems slow be sure to see if the problem exists with other sites.   If it does, there's probably an issue with your connection.   Use a test, like Speedtest.net (http://www.speedtest.net/) or your provider's speed test to be sure that's not the cause.   Also, try another browser to see if that's the problem, and be sure all the software is up-to-date and that you've deleted cookies/cache/website data in case something there is an impediment.

(I'm using my iMac, macOS Sierra v. 10.12.2.  Browsers:  Firefox 50.1.0, Chrome   55.0.2883.95, Safari 10.0.2.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I couldn't get on order status or the boards .... kept getting an error message "Bad Request".   I even cleared my browsing and restarted my computer.   Trust me, there was nothing bad about my request, lol. Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I wish I could sound like I knew what I was talking about but it seems ok to me here on my end.

I'm always flitting back and forth on websites I guess I don't pay much attention.  I did get one or two of those weird messages about a 'bad' website when trying to come here but that was a few days ago.

I know it is frustrating when the computer is slow or things are getting skewed....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MyShadowLove wrote:

I often get a "Suspicious Web Page Blocked" warning and told to "Exit Site"...This only happens on these forums...Anyone else?

@MyShadowLove, This website's programming is messy and I doubt they're going to do anything about it.   Take a look at this thread in Customer Care.  I think this is probably the reason you see that warning from time to time:

"Error messages ??? Connection not private? "i ""

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Error-messages-Connection-not-private-quot-i-quot/td-p/338...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 and @croemer, The bouncing is caused by the promotional banner(s) at the top of the page.   If you'll add a browser addon/extension to block the banner(s) that particular bouncing effect when viewing the list of threads will stop.  This has been a problem since the new platform was launched in June 2015, the support staff has known about it since day one, and nothing has been done to fix it.   (Therefore, I don't believe it will ever be corrected on the site.)

Honored Contributor

My speed is download 51 (paying for 50mbps) and upload of 5.41mbps

Think that's good.

Most people have been having trouble hopefully better Thurs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

My speed is download 51 (paying for 50mbps) and upload of 5.41mbps

Think that's good.

Most people have been having trouble hopefully better Thurs.

@SharkE,  Very good!   I'm not sure that most people have been having trouble, though...  I don't see any other reports of a site slowdown?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

I often get a "Suspicious Web Page Blocked" warning and told to "Exit Site"...This only happens on these forums...Anyone else?

@MyShadowLove, This website's programming is messy and I doubt they're going to do anything about it.   Take a look at this thread in Customer Care.  I think this is probably the reason you see that warning from time to time:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Error-messages-Connection-not-private-quot-i-quot/td-p/338...

@dooBdoo...So good to "see" you!

Thanks so much for posting this info...I agree that this website is definitely messy and they don't appear to really care about the possible security issues...I've never seen the "Connection Not Private" message....The "Suspicious Web Page Blocked" is the one that I get quite frequently.

I also saw where you haven't been feeling well, so I sure do hope that you are on your way to feeling much better now!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@dooBdoo...So good to "see" you!

Thanks so much for posting this info...I agree that this website is definitely messy and they don't appear to really care about the possible security issues...I've never seen the "Connection Not Private" message....The "Suspicious Web Page Blocked" is the one that I get quite frequently.

I also saw where you haven't been feeling well, so I sure do hope that you are on your way to feeling much better now!

Greetings, @MyShadowLove!   Always good to see you!   Thanks for the good wishes, I'm doing better now.

The alerts you see are similar and likely caused by the same problem in the website's code.   As I said on the thread in Customer Care, in doing some checking I think right at this moment the site is generally secure but it's really sloppy for their IT support not to correct the code.   This is just my opinion, but I never leave my personal or payment info on this website because of the past, genuine security problems we've experienced over time...   I add it in to make a purchase and edit it out after everything has cleared,  processed and received.    I think QVC is extremely lax in attention to quality, safety, and security on their website.