Honored Contributor

Re: Boy reports father for abusing disabled younger brother

So sick.  If the father could not handle the little boy, he should have given him up for adoption rather than abuse the helpless boy.  Shame on the father.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@twinsister   Good job, twin.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

This just breaks my heart.   

Honestly any child thay experiences any form of child abuse just hurts my soul

I'm with you.  For any child to be abused by the people they trust the most and should have the child's best interest at heart and protect them.......ugh.  I cannot even put into words how upsetting it is.  I'm teary eyed thinking about it.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

I see so much horrible stuff on the net and have no idea why

stuff like this gets posted.

...and you told everyone what the story was about in your subject.

Just can't get away from the horrors in this world.

I agree.  If I missed it in the news,  I certainly don't want to see it here.  Reminds me of a friend who can't wait to tell me the horrors of the news while I'm in water aerobics.  I just what it to be my happy and safe place.  

But people with this 'opinion' still opened and posted here. Makes me think when people come here to complain about this (when the thread title clearly states what is contained), that they do not mean a thing they are saying.

If things like this are so disturbing that someone doesn't want to deal with it, they would not go opening, reading and responding to the post. 

Just another way to be argumentative and stir the pot.

I think the point she was making is that the thread title itself was disturbing and there was no way around seeing it. 

The discussion has been had many times about posters doing things like this and requests have been made to put a warning in the thread title and not be so descriptive so posters can make the choice whether to open the thread or not.   I personally don't think it's an outrageous request. 

Super Contributor

@NicksmomESQ None of the articles I read tell what happened to the children and no mention of the mom.

Honored Contributor

@Apple Crisp wrote:

@NicksmomESQ None of the articles I read tell what happened to the children and no mention of the mom.

@Apple Crisp

I was also wondering .....  just WHERE is the mom?

Esteemed Contributor

Mom may have left after the baby was born, or she may have died.

I do not know, just guessing.

Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

This just breaks my heart.   

Honestly any child thay experiences any form of child abuse just hurts my soul

I'm with you.  For any child to be abused by the people they trust the most and should have the child's best interest at heart and protect them.......ugh.  I cannot even put into words how upsetting it is.  I'm teary eyed thinking about it.  Smiley Sad

I agree. Sickening and heartbreaking.

Esteemed Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

Did anyone else read about this happening in Texas?  The sixth grader secretly videotaped his father abusing his toddler brother.  The two year old  has cerebral palsy which causes him difficulty with chewing and swallowing. When he wouldn't eat, the father got angry, grabbed him  by the hair  and started shaking the toddler.  There were also other bruises found on the boy resulting from beatings with a belt and fly swatter.  The older brother forwarded the video to his sister, so the father wouldn't find the video on the phone and she gave it to the police.

It is heartbreaking to think what that little disabled boy had to endure.  No mention of a mother in the story.  Thankfully this boy had the presence of mind to do this and saved his little brother from  future abuse and injuries.  I hope these children are placed in a loving home. Sometimes I read a story and it stays with me.  This is one of them.

Despicable.  He should be put in a jail cell with a pack of wolves....

*Call Tyrone*