Respected Contributor

Re: Boxes put out for recycling around the holidays...

I never get anything nice like that so they skip this place.

When they see my room mates car in the driveway the burglar might even leave us a few sympathy dollars. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@Carriestp there are folks in my neighborhood that just place their flattened boxes out next to the huge recycling bins we are lucky to have as they choose to not cut up the box and house it in the again huge recycling bin.  It's always more than amazed me as you are advertising what you have in your house . . . yikes!

Honored Contributor

@Pqfan wrote:

When they see my room mates car in the driveway the burglar might even leave us a few sympathy dollars. Smiley LOL

Tee hee @Pqfan it's too bad we don't live in the same city as we could be roomates . . . the last cable guy that came here could barely contain himself at how shall we say not interesting my TV was . . . I think he compared it to less than even a monitor . . . hey, ouch! . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Pqfan wrote:

Tee hee @Pqfan it's too bad we don't live in the same city as we could be roomates . . . the last cable guy that came here could barely contain himself at how shall we say not interesting my TV was . . . I think he compared it to less than even a monitor . . . hey, ouch! . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloeLOL! Smiley LOL A monitor. I am cracking up right now!

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the warning, I hadn't thought of doing that - removing or blacking-out address labels so clever thieves don't know what new toys are in the house.  

It's not really a problem around here though.  Most people don't recycle.  Smiley Sad  Townships here may be required to have drop-off recycling locations that accomodate a few different materials but residents aren't required to recycle, apparently.  My neighbors often put trash bags to the curb with unbroken-down boxes inside.