Trusted Contributor

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

Three quick thoughts/ideas??

1) take the items to a jeweler to see if they are precious metals and to see if there are any identifying marks on them?

2) contact your local TV station or newspaper to see if they might be interested in doing a "human interest" story, especially if the items are made from real gold or silver?

3) describe a couple of the charms and let a potential "owner" tell what some of the other ones are on the bracelet?

AND I applaud you for trying to do the "right thing" by getting these items back to their owner!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

If the jewelry was important to them they wouldn't have put it in a hoody pocket and forgotten about it. Still, the OP is commendable for trying to find the owner.
Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2015 sidsmom said:

'....who look rather down on their luck'? Can't imagine walking around judging like that. Helping or not helping someone because they look a certain way.

Everyone deserves my kindness....and if that means leaving a token of faith for someone to pick up, then so be it. I would think the Powers of Be would want that. I'm not a religious person & even I can see that. Kindness is a good thing...I would pay it forward.

Including your fellow poster who is looking for advice on returning found items at her thrift store?

Respected Contributor

Can someone tell mewhat an A&F is?

Respected Contributor

Duh. I just figured it out as soon as I posted the question Abercrombie and Fitch.

Honored Contributor

On 4/6/2015 cody2 said:
On 4/6/2015 sidsmom said:

'....who look rather down on their luck'? Can't imagine walking around judging like that. Helping or not helping someone because they look a certain way.

Everyone deserves my kindness....and if that means leaving a token of faith for someone to pick up, then so be it. I would think the Powers of Be would want that. I'm not a religious person & even I can see that. Kindness is a good thing...I would pay it forward.

Including your fellow poster who is looking for advice on returning found items at her thrift store?

Yes, that's correct. I offered advice & gave my reasoning behind it. I would return it to the thrift store.

Super Contributor

On 4/6/2015 occasional rain said: If the jewelry was important to them they wouldn't have put it in a hoody pocket and forgotten about it. Still, the OP is commendable for trying to find the owner.

Everybody makes mistakes & does things they wish they hadn't so the jewelry in the pocket doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't important tho.......

Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2015 jessa said:
On 4/6/2015 occasional rain said: If the jewelry was important to them they wouldn't have put it in a hoody pocket and forgotten about it. Still, the OP is commendable for trying to find the owner.

Everybody makes mistakes & does things they wish they hadn't so the jewelry in the pocket doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't important tho.......

I once wrapped a pair of earrings in kleenex and put them in my purse. I didn't want them to rattle around and get scratched. I was away from home and they were bothering one of my ears.

Then, I changed my purse and threw away the kleenex a few days later. I really liked those earrings.

Honored Contributor

The rightful owner is the OP not the person who donated the hoody that included jewelry, she is the origional owner.
Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2015 Macy said:

I posted a flyer on the board at the thrift store. I am not close to any synagogues but did call two of them in the area and emailed them a copy of my flyer.

I am going to try Facebook and ask for shares and see if that goes anywhere. I'll see where all that leads before I decide what to do next. I don't have girls, just sons and as I said I only wear minimal jewelry if any so I won't keep it. If no one comes forward I''ll go back and re-donate it to the thrift shop, or I may take it to the hospice resale shop instead. All of their proceeds go directly to the hospice in my town.

You are a good person Macy . Let us know how it all turns out will you?