Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 266
Registered: ‎09-28-2014

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 lulu2 said:
On 4/6/2015 redtabby said:

To be honest, someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper. Your idea of contacting the area synogues makes more sense. They usually have newsletters and they could include a found notice in the newsletter. Do not give the brand of the hoodie, use that detail as proof of ownership.

Someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper?

I'm guessing it was said because of the controversy surrounding A&F.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 11,367
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 redtabby said:

To be honest, someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper. Your idea of contacting the area synogues makes more sense. They usually have newsletters and they could include a found notice in the newsletter. Do not give the brand of the hoodie, use that detail as proof of ownership.


If not maybe their mom or dad does. It's worth a shot.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,115
Registered: ‎10-05-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

I thought it just meant that they are young and get their news elsewhere.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,536
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

Facebook works wonders for things like this. Post a picture of the hoodie, ask people to share and see if you get any response.


Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Super Contributor
Posts: 557
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 brii said:
On 4/6/2015 lulu2 said:
On 4/6/2015 redtabby said:

To be honest, someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper. Your idea of contacting the area synogues makes more sense. They usually have newsletters and they could include a found notice in the newsletter. Do not give the brand of the hoodie, use that detail as proof of ownership.

Someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper?

I should have been more clear, people who wear A&F generally are young and young people are not reading newspapers. They ars getting their news from the internet and some tv shows.

hmm, that was my response, not Brii's.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,693
Registered: ‎04-28-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

I'd probably 'sit tight' and keep an eye on the various local newspapers' Lost and Found section(s). You can go through all of your local newspapers by just going to your local library. They always have all of the local newspapers in their reading rooms. I have a feeling that someone will discover that they mistakenly donated their jewelry. Might take a few weeks for them to realize it. Lots of good luck to you.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor
Posts: 648
Registered: ‎04-19-2013

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 gidgetgoeshawaiian said:

Facebook works wonders for things like this. Post a picture of the hoodie, ask people to share and see if you get any response.

ITA! People see the post & share and lots of times find the rightful owners.......I'd do that plus leave contact info at the store because if the owners care they'll probably try & trace their steps........Macy it's nice of you to care........Smile

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,251
Registered: ‎11-24-2014

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

I posted a flyer on the board at the thrift store. I am not close to any synagogues but did call two of them in the area and emailed them a copy of my flyer.

I am going to try Facebook and ask for shares and see if that goes anywhere. I'll see where all that leads before I decide what to do next. I don't have girls, just sons and as I said I only wear minimal jewelry if any so I won't keep it. If no one comes forward I''ll go back and re-donate it to the thrift shop, or I may take it to the hospice resale shop instead. All of their proceeds go directly to the hospice in my town.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Super Contributor
Posts: 648
Registered: ‎04-19-2013

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 Macy said:

I posted a flyer on the board at the thrift store. I am not close to any synagogues but did call two of them in the area and emailed them a copy of my flyer.

I am going to try Facebook and ask for shares and see if that goes anywhere. I'll see where all that leads before I decide what to do next. I don't have girls, just sons and as I said I only wear minimal jewelry if any so I won't keep it. If no one comes forward I''ll go back and re-donate it to the thrift shop, or I may take it to the hospice resale shop instead. All of their proceeds go directly to the hospice in my town.

Great! Good luck & let us know what happens! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,892
Registered: ‎07-03-2013

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

I donated a duffle bag to the goodwill about 12 years ago. Inside the side pocket was an expensive necklace that my godmother gave me. I had a special event at work and I packed clothes to change into. Forgot to put the necklace on. I went to put the necklace on a couple weeks later and remembered putting it in the duffle bag. I went to goodwill and nobody could tell me anything. I assumed it would be sold at the store I donated to, but they said it could have gone anywhere.