Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,251
Registered: ‎11-24-2014

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 sidsmom said:

'....who look rather down on their luck'? Can't imagine walking around judging like that. Helping or not helping someone because they look a certain way.

Everyone deserves my kindness....and if that means leaving a token of faith for someone to pick up, then so be it. I would think the Powers of Be would want that. I'm not a religious person & even I can see that. Kindness is a good thing...I would pay it forward.

are you just bound and determined to take this thread and turn it into a holier than thou discussion? I am now judging people? There are many people in this world who look weary and less than fortunate. I am looking to restore something to someone who lost or misplaced it. If that's not kind enough for you, then so be it.

Now please leave my thread alone and go start your discussion about kindness somewhere else.

I just can't believe what some people will say on these forums. SMH.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,115
Registered: ‎10-05-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

I'm thinking that the jewelry may have been part of the donation. The person zipped it into the pocket so it wouldn't get lost in the bag/box. If it was just a ring or one piece, it could have been an accident, but all these random things in one's pocket...
Respected Contributor
Posts: 11,367
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 sidsmom said:
On 4/6/2015 Macy said:
On 4/6/2015 sidsmom said:

Pay it forward....I would just 'donate' it back to the original thrift store.

I thought about that, but I think I'd rather try to see if the owner wants it, it could mean something to her.

Unfortunately, one doesn't leave an important piece in a sweatshirt pocket...no less the same sweatshirt that was donated.

That religious symbol might reasonate to someone by 'paying it forward'...and if it's the worker or someone buying, passing on that strength of faith is more important than anything.

You don't have any teenagers do you? LOL! They do stuff like that all the time.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 11,367
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 sidsmom said:

'....who look rather down on their luck'? Can't imagine walking around judging like that. Helping or not helping someone because they look a certain way.

Everyone deserves my kindness....and if that means leaving a token of faith for someone to pick up, then so be it. I would think the Powers of Be would want that. I'm not a religious person & even I can see that. Kindness is a good thing...I would pay it forward.

?????

The OP is going to considerable inconvenience and effort to try to find the RIGHTFUL OWNER!!!!!!! That is kindness and doing a good deed and paying it forward. She has the option to donate the items AFTER she tries to locate the rightful owner.

And she wasn't judging anywone BTW.

Good grief! Only on VP could someone get beat up for trying to do the right thing!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,245
Registered: ‎04-16-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

Macy, you're doing way more than many people would if they were in the same situation.speaks well of you!!!
Super Contributor
Posts: 557
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

To be honest, someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper. Your idea of contacting the area synogues makes more sense. They usually have newsletters and they could include a found notice in the newsletter. Do not give the brand of the hoodie, use that detail as proof of ownership.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,838
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

Our newspaper puts found ads in for free. Id definitely try an ad (free or not). And I might add its nice of you to want to find the owner, not everyone would do that! Good luck.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,953
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

Macy -

Many police departments now have a website for items they come across which they figure might have been stolen.

They put up photos of some items or describe others to call in about. Maybe they let people put up photos of what they found, it's worth checking out. You already have a built-in question about something donated.

henny has a great idea, check with your local Jewish synagogues to see if they have a temple bulletin or bulletin board.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,420
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 redtabby said:

To be honest, someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper. Your idea of contacting the area synogues makes more sense. They usually have newsletters and they could include a found notice in the newsletter. Do not give the brand of the hoodie, use that detail as proof of ownership.

Someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper?

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,126
Registered: ‎06-20-2010

Re: Bought a great A&F hoodie at thrift store and found inside....

On 4/6/2015 lulu2 said:
On 4/6/2015 redtabby said:

To be honest, someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper. Your idea of contacting the area synogues makes more sense. They usually have newsletters and they could include a found notice in the newsletter. Do not give the brand of the hoodie, use that detail as proof of ownership.

Someone that wears an A&F hoodie probably does not read the newspaper?

I was thinking the same thing, lulu.