Honored Contributor

Re: Bought Anything Lately that You Haven't Bought in Years?

A pack of 5 miniature Milky Way bars -  spotted them as I stood in line to pay at Dollar Tree.  I am bad about sugar and chocolate with full-size bars, but these make limiting easy and delicious.

Honored Contributor

No but after reading this thread I want to go buy some Jacks and Cracker Jacks and sit on my kitchen floor for awhile.Woman LOL

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Well, I just did!  I bought some nice pencils and I cannot remember when was the last time I did that.  At least I hope they were nice!  They were more expensive than pencils I remember.

I would have bought cheap penicls, which is what I was after, but didn't want 64 of them.  I mean really!  Woman Surprised

I bought some new erasers, and some metal pencil sharpeners.  I just got nostalgic for a pencil!  LOL!!!

Have you bought anything unusual you haven't had to buy in a long time?  Pencils are so retro!  I haven't used one in years. 

@Sooner   LOL. Not so retro since I use real pencils, not the mechanical ones, all the time for sketching. I do purchase at Staples where I can get a box of them instead of just a few in a blister pack. I have an electric shapener in my studio to keep the points sharp. Love the old fashioned gummy erasers. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Well, I just did!  I bought some nice pencils and I cannot remember when was the last time I did that.  At least I hope they were nice!  They were more expensive than pencils I remember.

I would have bought cheap penicls, which is what I was after, but didn't want 64 of them.  I mean really!  Woman Surprised

I bought some new erasers, and some metal pencil sharpeners.  I just got nostalgic for a pencil!  LOL!!!

Have you bought anything unusual you haven't had to buy in a long time?  Pencils are so retro!  I haven't used one in years. 

@Sooner   LOL. Not so retro since I use real pencils, not the mechanical ones, all the time for sketching. I do purchase at Staples where I can get a box of them instead of just a few in a blister pack. I have an electric shapener in my studio to keep the points sharp. Love the old fashioned gummy erasers. 

The one on my desk right now at work as 10 colors on it with a navy blue eraser.  I love pencils and use daily.  I too have the electric pencil sharpner because I am happy not to do that the old fashioned way.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Prell Shampoo. Same stuff, same smell and does a  wonderful job of cleaning my hair. I forgot how good this stuff is. Been around for over 70 years for a good reason.

Prell Classic Shampoo - 13.5 fl oz

@SilleeMee AND because of you I bought some too and love it!  Spouse loves it too!  THANKS for the good idea! 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Shanus Good for you!  Have you ever tried sketching with a fountain pen?  I am big into fountain pens and while I don't sketch, I see drawings people have made in things I get on Facebook.  Very beautiful things!  Maybe you will share a picture sometime?  

Spoiler
Heart
Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I just replaced my can opener that I had for years. I, of course, did my "reseach" and decided on the Cuisinart. I do love Cuisinart. Well, it had bells and whistles and the third time I used it, it broke. My old one must be 20 years old, and it's not even broken. Just thought it was time for a new one. 

@febe1 Don't you just hate when that happens?  You are excited and have high hopes and the new one is so pretty.  Then is breaks!  What a downer!  I know what that feels like!  

Respected Contributor

@godi wrote:

I treated myself to a peppermint patty yesterday. It was absolutely fabulous. 😋 

@godi   Mmmmm, love those.  Did you "feel the sensation"?  🍫

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

A bottle of pink lemonade.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@kitty60 wrote:

Funny you say this.  A few months ago I bought my 9 year old gd jacks.  She loved them!

@kitty60 JACKS!  I loved jacks!  We even played jacks in the dorm in college!   And with a golf ball!!!