Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

To those who refill there plastic water bottles after they drink the water from them, you are never supposed to do that.  There are a lot of articles out there that talk about that.  Unless that has changed as well.

Plastic water bottles eventually get old and start to make the water inside them taste not-so-spring-water.  Consuming water out of an old plastic bottle is not going to make you sick, but it might make your water taste funny. That's why there's an expiration date on bottled water...it's about quality and not about it becoming unhealthy to drink.

@SilleeMee.  Yeah, I’ll use a used plastic bottle if we are going on a road trip or vacation. I usually use a thermal cup, but have used the bottle on occasion.

Honored Contributor

Plastic clothes have been discussed on these forums many times!!!!

Esteemed Contributor
@Carmie...I think filtered or purified water tastes oily.
My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@camelot wrote:

Sooner, do you really believe it's Poland Spring H20? And is Poland a country with environment standards you trust for drinking water?

Fileterd water is better and easy. Might consider it. Water is my favorite beverage so I do understand your commitment to drinking H20.

Poland Spring water is not from Poland. It is from Maine.

@Trinity11, oh dear.  I'm pretty sure Sooner knew her water wasn't from Poland.  But this cracked me up.   

@Lipstickdiva   Well of course I didn't think it came from Poland. I mean Ohio is a LONG way from Oklahoma!  Woman Tongue  I think they have a Marriott there, so maybe they have it. . . 

Honored Contributor

@Mona_L wrote:

Water filters do not remove cadmium, mercury, etc. out of water.   Only REVERSE OSMOSIS and DISTILLED completely remove contaminants that are deemed poisonous to our bodies.     

Brita has a filter that REDUCES cadmium, mercury, lead etc. so they say. I have a counter top reverse osmosis system and use a Brita for back up, we have well water. I do buy carbonated mineral water and recycle the plastic.

Trusted Contributor

Personally, it bothers me every time I see someone buying a case of bottled water.  So much unnecessary plastic use.  We drink a ton of water so we bought a cooler and buy 5 gallon jugs of water from BJs which are returnable and reusable.  Much more economical and much less wasteful.  We also use filtered water for watering our plants, etc. because our tap water isn't very good.

I understand that there are some times when bottles of water are needed - for a school team after a game, etc.  But for home use, I just don't understand why anyone would ever use them.  If you don't like the taste of filtered water, than buy a water cooler.

Just because you throw something in a recycling bin doesn't it mean it will get recyled either.  In my town we have one large recycling bin that each household can use.  If there is even ONE thing that is ineligible for recycling - like a pizza box or piece of plastic that doesn't qualify, the ENTIRE bin is not recycled.  

I just don't think there is any reason to use single use plastics or things like disposable face wipes at home.  There are so many alternatives available now.  Convenience is no excuse for creating so much unnecessary waste.  

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Plastic clothes have been discussed on these forums many times!!!!

Yes, they have.  I have always know polyester is plastic, but was super surprised that Lands End is,actually pretty straight forward in claiming their jackets and coats are made from recycled bottles.  There are shoes made from them as well.

I wonder how many times this plastic can be recycled... hopefully forever.  We do need to stop making plastic and go back to glass containers whenever possible.  I wouldn't even mind paying a deposit for the privilege.

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

I so agree!  I used to use Brita, but I switched to Zero water because it filters 100%.  I never use plastic bottles.  I fill a HydroFlask canteen when I’m going out.  I can smell the chemicals emanating from the faucet. I would never drink nor cook with that water.

Good info!  Thanks!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Bottled water

[ Edited ]

Bottled water is a no in my house so

this is what I have to do to get water Smiley Sad

1. Get water from the tap.

2. Pour it into a zero water filter thingy in the fridge

3. Take another bottle that has been treated with something? don't ask me what because I don't know I was just told do not drop it because it was expensive of course I dropped it luckily it didn't break! fill that up twice.

4. Pour that water into another filter

5. Pour that water into a pitcher with shungite? crystals in it

6. test so it reads 0.0

7. repeat steps 1-6 to fill up coffee machine.

8. drop dead from thirst.

Honored Contributor

Polish water?

As serious as this topic is-I wonder what water from the country Poland tastes like compared to the water from Poland, ME

Image result for wondering face

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh