Respected Contributor

I have an RO system and am able to drink the tap water but without RO, there is no way anyone is drinking  this  city water.  I still buy bottled water and take a bottle with me when I go out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bottled water

[ Edited ]

(@SeaMaiden wrote:

I am always surprised how much bottled water people buy....at Costco etc.  cases upon case...all that plastic.  Why not just invest in a good water filter and refill your container? 

I have not  bought a  plastic bottle of water Ever.  Seems so wasteful and expensive.

@SeaMaiden 

I so agree!  I used to use Brita, but I switched to Zero water because it filters 100%.  I never use plastic bottles.  I fill a HydroFlask canteen when I’m going out.  I can smell the chemicals emanating from the faucet. I would never drink nor cook with that water.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in southern CA & worry about an earthquake cracking the water pipes so I get Sparkletts delivery twice a month, usually 3 5-gallon jugs. One jug goes into the dispenser & I always keep at least 15 gallons on hand...plus with my 3 dogs I want to make sure there will always be water for them.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@camelot ,

i for one do not appreciate your snarkiness on this post. the plastic ****** in the oceans are overwhelmingly NOT from the US, so zip it, or at least tone it down.

i don't need another sermon today!

dee

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle 

The plastic in the oceans comes from everywhere, including from us. Where did you get that info?

Super Contributor

Tinkrbl44:

As I mentioned in one post, plastic bottles are not being recycled now that China isn't accepting our plastic trash.Google is you friend if you want details.

Esteemed Contributor

These people who are buying cases of water might be buying it for their business. I’ve often gone to a business and asked if I want a bottle of water and it’s usually from Costco or Sams. It hot out there and it’s good business in Arizona.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

These people who are buying cases of water might be buying it for their business. I’ve often gone to a business and asked if I want a bottle of water and it’s usually from Costco or Sams. It hot out there and it’s good business in Arizona.

yes, we do that also.

we provide cold bottled water and we have a keurig machine for our customers.

i do also purchase rothys shoes....

Plastic water bottles
diverted from landfills

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VegasBusinessWoman :  I lived in the Mojave desert for 25 years and you are on the spot about hard water.  I now live in AZ mtns so no more water worries!  I have a Brita and we also drink bottled water.  I try to refill water bottles and use a Yeti when I can.  Btw, this thread ought to be aimed at Disney; three weeks ago at Disneyland water was $7 a bottle!!!(and very few water fountains (with no water pressure to refill my $7 water!!!You don't even want to know how much our family of four paid for water that day (temp was in the 90s).

Honored Contributor

I remember when we went to plastic bags from paper ones to keep from deforesting the planet.